Ready to activate and sign in to HBO Max?
Get ready to discover a new streaming experience featuring all of HBO®, together with the greatest collection of movies, shows, and Max Originals.
If your HBO Max subscription is through your AT&T service, the steps to activate and sign in to HBO Max differ slightly, based on which eligible plan you have.
If you are seeing a Can't Verify Your Subscription message, a Your user ID is not authorized error, or any other issue, the steps on the page should help get you up & streaming in no time!
Do you get HBO Max?
Do you have an eligible AT&T WirelessSM plan?
You can get access to HBO MaxTM at no extra charge with one of the following AT&T Wireless plans:
- AT&T Unlimited EliteSM
- AT&T Unlimited PlusSM
- AT&T Unlimited Plus EnhancedSM
- AT&T Unlimited ChoiceSM
- AT&T Unlimited Choice IISM
- AT&T Unlimited Choice EnhancedSM
- AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium (if you chose HBO® as your premium option)
Do you have an eligible AT&T Internet or TV plan?
You can get access to HBO MaxTM at no extra charge with these packages and plans:
- AT&T TVSM: MAX
- AT&T TV NOWSM: MAX
- DIRECTV®: PREMIER and LO MÁXIMO
- U-verse® TV: U400, U450, and U450 Latino
- AT&T INTERNETSM 1000
If your plan or package doesn’t have access to HBO Max
You can still get it! Do this to add it:
- Upgrade to a plan or package that includes HBO Max. Sign in to myAT&T, choose your service, and then follow the prompts to change your TV package or your wireless or internet plan.
Our best packages and plans include HBO Max.
- Get an add-on to your TV package. Sign in to myAT&T, choose your TV service, and then follow the prompts to add HBO Max to your TV package.
- Go to hbomax.com to sign up. HBO Max will bill you for the service directly.
Are you using the right ID?
If you have multiple IDs for your AT&T services. You will want to use the one associated with the HBO Max service. Not sure? Let us help you find your user ID.
You can select Forgot user ID on either the myAT&T sign-in page.
If you need more help finding or combining your ID, we've got you covered.