Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
L

• 

1 Message

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 5:57 PM

Suspicious phone call

I have received 3 days in a row repeated phone calls from a recorded message saying At&T tv has changed satellite settings, when you choose to speak with them it’s obvious or i believe it to be fraud. Asking account info and billing info? Is this truly something i need to do or is this spam?

Responses

lydian

Professor

• 

3K Messages

2 months ago

Probably legitimate, but nothing to do with AT&T TV. If you have DirecTV, you should have gotten emails, letters and announcements in your bill about the satellite changes. Some are going out of service and older receivers will no longer be compatible. It's worth calling DirecTV and have a chat about your packages and equipment to confirm whether or not you're affected. You wouldn't be calling the number that's been leaving you messages.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.2K Messages

2 months ago

Do you have DirecTV or ATT TV?  Two different services.

ATT TV doesn't use satellites.  It's a streaming service.

As mentioned, DirecTV, which does use satellites, is making some changes to said satellites.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9K Messages

2 months ago

If they are calling you and then asking you for account info, it sounds like phishing to me.  I'd log into att.com (and/or directv.com) and see if you have any alerts indicating changes you need to make.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question