Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Feb 12, 2020 8:41 PM

roku and future of service

When might I expect to be able to add atttvnow app to my roku, or should I go ahead and move to another streaming service that does have this app.

Price Point is now at a premium so if att delivery isn't universally available what's the point of going through the inconvenience?

Responses

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

Content and access is what the streaming wars have become, splitting up everything into subscriptions you have to choose from or pay the same as cable to keep up with the all. In regards the Roku support, seems unlikely to change. Latest info is from about a month ago: https://clark.com/streaming-tv/att-tv-now-review/

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for the tip. Maybe it will eventually move in the direction early attempts on the web to control content did (Microsoft's early 90s purchase of image rights to St. Petersburg Russia museum come to mind)... eventually consumers will move that ball.... why would ATT think their lack of consideration and top dollar charges will win loyalty when they are locking out options? I'll give them a minute, then I'll move along to something else. Been with them from the first 3 months of their beginning...

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…