Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
T

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jul 2, 2020 10:20 PM

Reset receivers

I followed the directions to reset both receivers.  I unplugged it from the wall.  We are paying for "mobile" because we have a receiver in our RV.  The receiver in our living room still does not get the Southern California channels.  We are paying extra for this and it's not working.

Responses

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.3K Messages

a month ago

Which AT&T video service do you have?  You posted to a AT&T TV Now forum, and that service doesn't use "receivers".

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

I don't have "video" service.  Just TV.  I was directed to "reset" receivers and it didn't work.  We are subscribed to the southern California channels and aren't getting them now.   HOW do I "reset"?

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.3K Messages

Unless you use just an antenna on your TV, you do have a "video service".  Those include cable, satellite, and the live streaming services.  AT&T offers at least 5 video services: DirecTV, U-Verse, AT&T TV, AT&T TV Now, and AT&T WatchTV.  I assume you have one of those, or you wouldn't have posted here.  So which one do you have?  They use different types of devices, and that will help figure out what you mean by "receiver".

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

I know you are trying to help me and I'm sorry to appear so ignorant.  We have DirecTV but they changed to AT&T.  We can record programs on TV thru the receiver. We have the basic program package.    I followed the directions on the AT&T site to reset and unplugged from the wall.  Don't give up on me please.

lydian

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Sounds like you still have DirecTV, in which case you need to post in the DirecTV forum, or better yet, call DirecTV. Even though AT&T acquired DirecTV, the satellite service is still called "DirecTV".

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.3K Messages

Well, the "they changed to AT&T" sounds like perhaps DirecTV Now => AT&T TV Now?

@thenrd - do you have a satellite dish?  If not, what type of device (what I think you are calling a receiver) connects to your TV - is there a brand name on it?

Get started...

Ask a new question