Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Give Mom a virtual hug with our Mother's Day Gift Guide.
RickMc's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 3, 2019 2:21 PM

PROMO CODES

Just signed up a few minutes ago and promo code for $15 off for 2 months would not work.  How can I get this added to signup?  Richard *****

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Sorry but be careful of you sign up for promo packages!  I just got off the phone for over an hour 3 different departments all of which had no idea what I was talking about!!!  I left spectrum and paid 92.00 plus taxes in full  for the Free Roku so my Mom could stream on her tv.  Bad enough had no idea she would  not be able to watch her daytime shows on cbs, and now the Att representative told me I didn’t hit the button to sign up for the roku?? When I asked to talk to someone else he became very rude and refused to let me talk to anyone else!!!  So be careful how you sign up online!!! I suggest calling!!  Good luck!!  Think I will be a spectrum customer again at the end of the month!! I thought possibly this was a better service..... guess I was wrong 

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 y ago

Are you talking about DirecTV Now, the internet streaming service? I ask because you suggested calling them, and DTVN has no phone support.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Even better 👎 guess that’s why no one seemed to know anything....... ughh🥴

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

And yes I was talking about Direct tv Now, was basically trying to say, is be careful signing up on line maybe call and talk to someone and sign up  if even possible 🥴 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

No I was a first time customer. Thank You for your help, and I thought about canceling and signing back up under my Moms name, didn’t realize just dif email.   But honestly why should I have to go through all that trouble??  It was simple mistake seems would be an easy issue to resolve, but the last representative I spoke with was not interested in any way to offer any help. Was actually rude, when I asked to speak with someone, he said no reason to talk to any one else, and would not let me talk to another representative, or supervisor.  Remind you I was transferred 3 different times and no one new anything 👎

mikemtn

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

2 y ago

This may be a stupid question but have those who keep preaching that there's no phone support for Directv Now actually tried to call them or do you just preach what you read? I know for a fact that I've called their 800 number and asked for Directv Now and was transferred to a very nice and helpful lady. I can't say if I called today it would be the same experience but I have talked to Directv Now tech support.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

2 y ago

Are you sure it was a DTVN rep or someone with AT&T that was very helpful? Did that person actually state they were a DirecTV Now support rep?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

154.5K Messages

2 y ago

Hello, @RickMc!

We're here to help! The $15 off for 2 months promo is only for new customers which requires an email you've not used to sign up before. Please make sure you have a fresh email and follow the instructions here to set up your account

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question