Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
tslantz

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Wed, May 2, 2018 5:47 AM

I’ve been trying to contact support for 24 hrs and no chat bubble comes up ! Fox Now has been down

I’ve been trying to watch FOX NOW for 24 hrs and it does nothing . I’ve been trying to reach support for 24 hrs and no chat bubble pops up ! This is not good service 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Gazoo119

Guru

• 

598 Messages

2 years ago

I didn't know the Nat geo app included Fx and Fox. The Fx app includes Nat Geo and Fox. So there are three options we know of for watching Fx and Fox....and the all include the guide for live TV. Nice to have backups.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

Make sure you have Java Script enabled. Delete cookies and cache. Try again. If fails then try running in incognito mode.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

7.5K Messages

2 years ago

If you start the FOX NOW app (on whatever platform) and it doesn't come up at all, then that is a Fox problem - that app doesn't belong to DirecTV Now.  If the FOX NOW app comes up, but you are having problems getting it to accept DirecTV Now as a provider or accept your login credentials, then there is (potentially) a DirecTV Now issue.  If you can successfully log into the app, but it won't display any video, then you are back to it being a Fox problem.  What platform are you trying to run that app on, and specifically are you doing and what is it doing?

As far as contacting Customer Service - what browser and platform are you using?  You see the other 3 buttons under "Need help?" - @directv NOWHelp (Twitter), Forum, and Feedback?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
tslantz

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Yes I see all the other 3 buttons just chat doesn’t appear . I’ve installed google chrome and deleted cookies . This is not the first time this has happened
tslantz

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

I did all of that still no support
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

Make sure you have JavaScript loaded also. You may even try to run in incognito mode.

tslantz

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

I was told I don’t need Java , I’ve been told 4 different things . I erased apps and deleted photos to clear space and memory , I’ve tried using safari and google chrome . I’ve deleted cookies and caches and still nothing 

lydian

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

2 years ago

Sounds like you're doing all this from a phone. Try it from a computer instead.

I just analyzed the DTVN support pages, and you definitely need Java. So whoever told you otherwise is wrong. If you don't believe me, in Chrome, R-click any link on the page below and pick "Inspect". Everything chat related runs java script (js).

FWIW, I just installed FOX NOW app on an iphone and my login worked fine. However, DIRECTV NOW did not appear in the provider list at all until I selected "Other Providers" at the very bottom of the huge provider list. So scroll all the way down and do that. Selecting just DIRECTV will not work.

tslantz

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Ok I downloaded java script and tried google chrome and safari and chat bubble still doesn’t come up !

• 

1 Message

@tslantz

Check with different web browsers and ...enable JavaScript

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

Did you try running in incognito mode yet?

tslantz

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Yes I have , numerous times . It’s very frustrating to now be on day 4 of not reaching customer support
lydian

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

2 years ago

I don't think you have to download Java. Just allow it to run in your settings.

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-javascript/chrome

In any case, you were able to find DIRECTV NOW (Not DIRECTV)  in the provider list for FOX NOW, and it still rejects your login? What happens when you attempt to log in?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

I can guarantee you that you have some extension or program loaded that is preventing the icon from appearing.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

You also can try using IE. You can do the support chat just can not run the program.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

Also just verified that it appears using Edge also. Just some alternatives for you to try.