Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Sep 12, 2017 11:26 PM

HOW DO I ADD AN AUTHORIZED USER ON MY ACCOUNT

HOW DO I ADD AN AUTHORIZED USER ON MY ACCOUNT

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lydian

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

Ahh, I see. Other thread says, "call in on my behalf", which is of course impossible with DirecTV NOW since not even the primary account holder can contact them by phone.

Here's how to add secondary users to a DirecTV account:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045763

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

7.5K Messages

3 years ago

DirecTV Now doesn't have "authorized users", just accounts.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lydian

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

Give the user the email and password you used or intend to use to sign up for the service. 

May I ask what attracts a customer with your resources to such a cheap and limited service? If you can afford an integrator, surely you can afford cable or DirecTV satellite service.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

7.5K Messages

3 years ago

My guess (from the other post from the same poster) is that the poster actually has DTV rather than DTVN.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
beckyww

Former Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

@lydian - Please check your PMs.  🙂

Rectanglebox

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

2 years ago

If it's your spouse just give her the log in

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

how do you do this with directv now? I need to let a household member log in while travelling but I dont want them to be able to make changes.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

7.5K Messages

2 years ago

You don't - there is currently no mechanism for "sub-accounts".  They have said that they plan to add "profiles" later this year - while they haven't provided any details of what that means, providing particular users restricted access seems a reasonable expectation.