AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
T

• 

6 Messages

Sat, Sep 19, 2020 7:49 PM

Hbo max on Roku.

I subscribed to hbo max. How can I get that on my streaming Roku box in the att 𝐓V app?  I can get it on my iPhone and iPad. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

a month ago

HBO Max is not available on Roku.  😡

The following devices are supported by HBO Max. If a device is supported, you'll find the HBO Max app in the app store.

• Android phones and tablets (with Android OS 5+)
  • Android TV (OS 5+)
  • Apple TV (4th gen and later)
  • Chromebooks
  • Chromecast
  • iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (with iOS 12.2+)
  • PC and Mac computers
  • PlayStation 4
  • Samsung TV (2016+)
  • Xbox One

(edited)

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.8K Messages

a month ago

Right now Roku and AT&T are "negotiating" for AT&T to get the right to have the HBO Max app on Roku.  (Similar negotiations are going on between AT&T and Amazon over getting placement on Amazon Fire TV/Stick.)  We don't know the details (companies almost never divulge those) but basically Roku (and Amazon) are demanding more money (in a variety of ways/forms) than AT&T is willing to part with to get the app placed.  Roku and Amazon apparently feel that since they control the majority of the streaming hardware market between them, they have the power in the negotiation - that AT&T needs them more than they need AT&T.   They are likely correct in this.  AT&T, on the other hand, feels it is their content and there is a limit to how big a cut of the take they are willing to give up.  This seems a valid concern on their part.  Based on that, the impasse could go on a while...

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question