Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
D

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Nov 23, 2020 9:14 PM

GoBig Charter subscription with 20 hours of DVR time - upgrade to 500 hours?

Hi!

I'd love to be able to find a way to increase my GoBig DVR time form 20 hours to 500 hours, or for that matter, anything above the 20 hours. Is there any way to do this without giving up my GoBig plan?

Responses

bno25ab

ACE - Guru

• 

540 Messages

2 months ago

The question is posted in the correct forum. "AT&T TV NOW Account" is part of the AT&T TV forum. 

Having said that, I did read a post once where AT&T was looking into the DVR capacity, but nothing was heard about that ever since. So I guess we AT&T TV NOW early users can forget about this. If you want more DVR space, you'll need to switch to the AT&T TV service.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks bno25ab, that's sort of what I figured. For awhile, the 500 hour DVR was an option for $5 or $10 a month, I think. I looks like that is no longer an option. For the $35 per month that I pay for 115 or so channels, I'll gladly keep the 20 hour DVR. Unfortunately it fills up so quickly that I rarely use it now.....

bno25ab

ACE - Guru

• 

540 Messages

2 months ago

The Go Big package has been $60 for some time now. At first startup DirectvNOW Go Big package was $35/mo, but since then the now grandfathered Go Big package has had a couple of price hikes and a name change to AT&T TV NOW for $60/mo. Please check your bill so you won't get a big surprise. 

As far as I know there was never an option to increase DVR capacity for a price (I could be mistaken!!). Some people did get 100 hours during a testing phase, but that has also rather recently been brought back to 20 hours.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I called at one time as it was available for $5 to $10 per month.....I asked the question if the basic rate would immediately go up to a higher rate, as adding DVR time might push me in to a different plan.....the rep wasn't sure, and I told them to forget about it. They told me my plan was going to $50 per month about a year ago, and I told them to cancel. They asked if it was left at $35 if I'd remain.....and it has. I love the service, but I don't use it a great deal. The end result is that I'd cancel it with any sort of increase...

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

2 months ago

They made noise for a fair while (before the name change) that they would offer an upgrade to the DVR capacity for existing customer (for a fee).  When they deprecated the old plans and added the new ones, that noise stopped.  The guess is that they likely make little or no money on the grandfathered subscribers (may even lose money, depending on the discounts people are carrying), so they have no particular incentive to allow those subscriptions to be upgraded - they almost certainly would prefer those customers to "upgrade" to one of the current much more expensive plans.  There's no signs yet that they are chasing us out, but that's probably the best we can hope for.  (And the drop from 100 hours to 20 for the beta testers wasn't recent - it was a little over 2 years ago, at least for most.)

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Yep, I agree! I'm just happy to have the account as it is, and I'm sure the DVR upgrade was taken away to help convince grandfathered customers to upgrade. I don't know how many are left, as so many have apparently departed for other streaming services. Supposedly after the name had changed for the third, or maybe fourth, time they were supposedly going to try to weed out all of the unprofitable accounts. Knock on wood, I'm still with them and very happy with the plan!  

Get started...

Ask a new question