Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 10:42 AM

Getting the wrong local channels

When we signed up we were getting the correct local channels for our zip code, but now we are getting local channels for a different zip code.  How can I switch back to our correct zip code?

Responses

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you, HomeBrewski. You've been much more help than the expert and I totally believe this is on "their" side. My IP address and geolocation are also correct. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Wrong. The manager called me straight from....India?  I was on chat several times for several hours. Then got a phone call. But thank you for your snarky/condescending remarks bcbsncjlj

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

You're welcome. Glad to help. *due to being outside more, not do. Lol

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I had this problem after my power went out. I tried everything and then find out that DirecTV figured your location by using you IP Address. So I powered off my TV and rebooted my modem and router. This resolved my issue with the location!! 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Update on the "wrong channel" problem: After multiple chats...resets, etc, it turns out it was a problem on THEIR end. Nothing I could do here. After "escalating" it multiple times...a manager told me it would be fixed soon. And within a month, it was. Just randomly turned it on one day and it worked again. I think the answer is to be persistent about contacting them. So now we have the correct channels again and I'm happy..however, soured on the whole experience. 

Get started...

Ask a new question