Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Sat, Dec 3, 2016 4:40 PM

DIRECTV NOW Login Help

Hello DIRECTV NOW Community!

We’ve had a few customers talking about having issues logging into their new service. Don’t fret! We’ve got you covered!

Works for the following:

1. Not able to login
  2. No confirmation email of sign-up
  3. Not receiving password reset email

Why is the issue occurring?

During sign-up, many customers are accidentally entering the wrong email into their browsers/devices. When this happens, you will not be able to login to your profile, reset your password, or receive confirmation of services.

When this occurs, support is unable to resolve this issue as we do not know which email you used to sign up and thus will be unable to locate your account.

Chrome

1. Open the Options Dropdown
  2. Select Settings
  3. Click Show advanced settings…
  4. Select Manage Passwords

Locate directvnow.com and look for the stored email

login1.png

login2.png

login3.png

login4.png

login5.png

Internet Explorer

1. Select the Settings gear
  2. Click Internet Options
  3. Select the Content tab, then select Settings
  4. Choose Manage Passwords

Locate https:directvnow.com/ and look for the stored email

login6.png
login7.png
login8.png
login9.png
login10.png

iOS Safari

1. Navigate to Settings
  2. Tap on Safari
  3. Select Passwords (Note: You may need to enter in your password for your device)
  4. Locate com and look for the stored email

login11.png
login12.png
login13.png

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

-DIRECTVNOWCare 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

13 Attachments

Responses

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Wow, just tried something....I tried signing in with a different web browser (was using Chrome, switched to IE) and now it works through IE but not Chrome....must be a browser compatibility issue they're having....though the screen in IE says this works better in Chrome...HA!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I found a solution for special character issues / no password reset email - 

If you navigate to the reset pasword page and then select chat it skips the subscriber yes / no issue and goes directly to someone who can help you make changes.  My email was changed to one that worked and when I wasn't getting the password reset email they were able to fix that as well.  

Successfully logged in now - Catch 22 chat loop no more.  

Note the chat line is busy a lot, but it was quick once I got through. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM DIRECTV NOW

I received the following e-mail this afternoon:

"Dear Customer,

We identified an issue that caused a small number of DIRECTV NOW accounts, including yours, to stop working. We corrected this error. Please be assured your DIRECTV NOW account is still active and no action is required from you.

Because of this inconvenience we are issuing a $35 refund. You should see it within 7-14 business days, depending on your bank.

We appreciate your patience while we make improvements to this new service.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV NOW"

Unfortunately, I was charged $37.49, so the refund is a little off. Also, while I can now login, I don't receive any programming. And, as always, the chat link is too busy right now and they want me to try again later.

The wait has been worth it! Smiley Frustrated

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I believe this problem has morphed an has now been going on for days........ When I signed up it worked, but now I can't log it at all.....

The solution posted here does not work for this issue

When I try to login:

30401 : Something went wrong on our end and we are working to fix it. Please try again later

When I try to reset my PW:

30401 : Something went wrong on our end and we are working to fix it. Please try again later.

When I try to login with my AppleTV:

Generic Failure in UMS Prover System eV2543 Invalid Email

When I try to login to my iPhone App:

Generic Failure in UMS Prover System eV2543 Invalid Email

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Trying to sign in .doesn't recognize account. Reset password, chat agent says use password1 as password. Nothing. Now I'm locked out for an hour.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Can't sign in, says email and password doesn't exist. Reset password, nothing. Chat said try password1 to sign in. Nothing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Signed up and was charged for three months streaming service in your 3 months in advance package. Was never given an access code to start service.
Can't get service. Won't recognize my Web address and my password. Have called and sat on hold for hours.
Theyou ask for your account number and phone number.
Don't have an account number.
You got my money. I can't log in !
Just refund my money today if you can't help me get service.
This is ridiculous. Can't talk to a human being about my problem!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

hi i paid for a promo that direct tv had with att.  35 a month for 100+ channels i paid three months in advance and got the free apple tv.  when i try logging in it says they can't find me i need to know whats going on.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Here is a possible fix for the email error message. Remove the special character from your password. I took my original password and removed the special character. Sorry, I changed my password and accidentally left out the special character. Either way leave out the special character. This worked for me. Hope it works for others.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

i can log in

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 years ago

Need a little more info then that. Errors or what?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

unable to login to my directv now acct

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hi- same issue. They were not able to help me because they could not find any of my information. They tried many different ways and said my account doesn't seem to exist. We tried to create another account using the same email and I received an error saying that account already exists. I don't understand how that could happen. I can't use chat or get help any other way. This is so frustrating. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

have Direct tv  with joint account with Att trying to add Roku to my account for traveling 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Have NO PROBLEM logging into Direct tv now, BUT it redirects to AT&T ACCESS POINT, which I do NOT have an account in and when u do everything it says to sign in to that and it looks good, I go to sign in and.. IT DOESNT recognize me, AGAIN, AGAIN, AND AGAIN!!!!!

This first started on my second streaming device found out no Direct tv now support just get rerouted to At&T which then says they got nothin to do w/ it, but now I can’t even stream on my first device! Tried everything have Chromcast ab to cancel DTN services!

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…