Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Mar 25, 2020 6:22 AM

Date of Bill Payment Needs To Be Different

I am a disabled veteran and receive disability thought the VA on the 1st of every month. I subscribed to att tv now March 1st, but it says the next bill is due March 31st. I need that to NOT HAPPEN. As I said before, I only get paid on the 1st so I won't have any money on the 31st of March. I WILL have money April 1st. Who can help me?

Responses

lydian

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

2 months ago

You are usually billed to a credit card which has another month delay built in. So you don't actually have to pay on the 31st. Or are you using a debit card that is withdrawn immediately?

In any case, the only way to change the date is to cancel the service and sign back up on the date you want to be billed. When you cancel, your service will keep working until the end of your billing cycle. You can sign in to your account online and cancel there any time. If you cancel today, your service will keep working until the 31st. Then on the 1st (or later), you can resume your service and be billed on that date.

There is one big caveat however. If you are on an old grandfathered plan like "GO BIG" that's no longer available, you'll lose that plan forever and will have to sign up for one of the new plans which are more expensive and have less channels.

Have you considered switching to other services like Philo ($20), Sling TV ($30 and up) or Youtube TV ($50)? All are much better values than AT&T. Just make sure the one you pick has all the channels you want.

I'm not an AT&T employee, so I can't make any account changes for you . But I thank you for your service and would like to do all I can to help you find the best solution.

• 

4 Messages

Yes this is a debit card. I was hoping I wouldn't have to cancel because of what you said. I ONLY need it postponed 1 day. Idk why it's coming out on the 31st because I did not sign up on the 31st. I know there are other cheaper services but they don't have the channels I want. Att tv now seems to be the only service with everything I'm looking for
lydian

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

Try to contact them via chat and see what they can do. I have noticed that my billing date drifted quite a bit in the 3 years I had the service, like it was on a 30 day cycle rather than a fixed day of the month.

I realize you'd have to give up a few channels, but if money is really tight, a cheaper service would give you a little more cushion at the end of each month. I also had to give up AT&T TV NOW because I could no longer afford it.

• 

4 Messages

Money isn't tight or even an issue really. I just only get paid on the 1st of the month. I don't have a problem affording att tv now it's simply I don't want them to overdraw my account because they wanted to charge me a day early. But I have tried and wanted to speak to them through chat but everytime I do there isn't anywhere to click on to start the chat. The button is missing. That sounds stupid I know but it's the truth. I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help me. I appreciate y'all taking the time out of your day to message me here. Thank You!
Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

7.9K Messages

If this is for AT&T TV NOW, I don't think they should charge you on the 31st anyway. According to the ATT TV Terms and Conditions (section 4.4):

The day of Your first monthly payment is Your "Renewal Date." For AT&T TV NOW, we will charge Your Payment Method monthly, on the same day Your Subscription to the Service begins. The day that Your Subscription begins is Your "Renewal Date." For example, if Your Renewal Date is on the 15th of October, We will charge Your Payment Method on the 15th of each subsequent month. However, if Your Renewal Date is on the 29th, 30th, or 31st in a given month, We will charge Your Payment Method on the first day of the following month. For example, if Your Renewal Date is on the 31st of October, We will charge Your Payment Method for the following month on November 1st.

So they should be never be charging you on the 29th, 30th, or 31st of any month, regardless of your renewal date (I think this is to prevent February from screwing up their system). I'm not sure how much faith I'd put on the date the show in the payment history section, but I'd contact Support anyway and ask them about it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lydian

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

Their chat is very picky. It won't work with any ad blockers, etc. If you run Chrome, try it in Incognito mode, and the chat link should show up.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

7.9K Messages

Also, while over the years I've almost always found the chat button there, a year ago they reduced the hours to 7am-1am, and in the last week I've seen it missing on several times. I believe they only show the button when their are reps available, and I'll guess that between them getting slammed from all the users who are stuck at home and them being short staffed because of people out sick or under stay-at-home orders, there are going to be times when it doesn't show. I just checked and saw it, but it was missing much of yesterday afternoon. So, I'd just say to keep trying.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

I would like to thank you all for helping me so very much. I was able to speak to someone at ATT customer service. It was after I'd been transfered 3 times and after almost 2 hours a gentleman was able to put me through to someone in billing. It was however not the Att TV Now department. Still, the lady was able to tell me the same thing you guys told me...That even tho it says the next payment is due the 31st it won't charge me until the 1st of the month. That's great news and again I thank all of you very much for your help. The chat button is still missing but for billing questions she did give me a number that would get me back to her department. That number is 877-999-1083. Unfortunately be as of now there isn't any other way to contact Att Tv Now for any other reason over the phone other than for billing. Everything else they advise using the chat. The chat that doesn't ever work. Hopefully everything works out, ppl are safe and happy with working services and the mythical chat button reappears. Thanks again everyone! Please please please, Stay Safe!