Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 11:19 PM

Change Payment Due Date

How do I get an Extension or change my payment due date?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 years ago

You don't. There is no extension since it goes against your CC. You can always cancel and start again later. Remember - no contract.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I would like to change payment date to the beginning of the month . Is that possible? 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 years ago

The only way is to cancel and signup again on the day you want to start your service.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

There's no way to change the payment date. This is predetermined by the billing system at the moment your account was created. I was told that you should get a 16 days period so the system can process the payment. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

After reading the other questions/comments - I too wanted to change my billing date to the first of the month, but since I had suspended my service until December I was not given an opportunity to change the date and during the time of suspension - AT&T came aboard with DirectTV - so in order to change the billing date I have to cancel my services and begin on the date I want the billing to start? I wish I had known that previous to this new billing date - this will give me the opportunity to decide whether to continue with DirectTV - and also at the time I suspended my services - my bill was at least $75 cheaper when only DirectTV controlled the services.  I was happy with just DirectTV, not so happy with AT&T....

lydian

Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

a year ago

This isn't a DirecTV forum. But you can just put your service on hold then restart on your desired billing date.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

No thank you! Not at this time. ##- Please type your reply above this line
-##
lydian

Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

a year ago

I don't understand your reply. No thank you for what? I didn't offer anything to you. The last question and answer was about DirecTV. Your original question was about DirecTV NOW, so my answer does not apply to you. But you're welcome, I guess?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

I also want to change my billing date to the beginning of the month. The home page will not allow me to sign up unless I take a mandatory 7-day free-trial. Does anybody know how to sign up for Directv-NOW without having to take the 7-day free trial?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

a year ago

Just use another email address and get another trial.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

What a complex and "rigged" system to the favor of AT&T and DTV. Sounds like just cancelling both completely would be the best option.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

a year ago

@jvjbassman  This is not the DirecTV forum but the internet streaming service forum for DirecTV Now. They are 2 separate services.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

DirecTV now offers the ability to change your due date, but it’s nearly impossible to do. I can’t find any place to do this online, so I called their 800 number and spoke with a representative who claimed to change my due date, but I never received an email confirmation & the due date never changed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I'm going to call you out on this.  ATT changed my billing at their discretion which made it more difficult on me.  It would be nice if ATT would allow me to request the due date be moved back to the 15th but as is the more common issue these days ATT does not care about their customers.  As soon as my installment agreement is paid off I will be cancelling my cellular service just as I have done with my Internet and DirecTV service.

Get started...

Ask a new question