Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Oct 19, 2018 1:41 AM

Can't update payment info

So I'm getting the usual error everyone seems to be getting when trying to update their credit card.  The chat is never available.  No one responds on Twitter.  There is no phone number or email address.  I find this crazy that I can't give DirectTV NOW my money.  I got an email from DirectTV NOW saying my account will be cancelled tommorow if I don't update my info.  Guess that is the end of it.  Thanks for not taking my money.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

I just checked the chat. Chat is available 24/7. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in incognito mode. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

OK...the incognito worked and I was able to chat.  I think that is absolutely a ridiculous fix.  How do you expect less tech savvy people to get that?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

I don't expect any thing. Just a average subscriber like you offering what I have learned.  Voice your concern to support.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

2 years ago

Why use Chat? No help from them. Always "We will give this the greatest priority" but nothing happens. As soon as this month subscription is up I'm dropping Directv Not.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

You use the chat because its your only support means rather you like it ot not. No one here can update accounts.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I do IT work and can't find how to initiate Chat. No phone number, no chat....what kind of support is this? 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

Chat is available 24/7. I just verified it is up. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in incognito mode. The reason you do not see the icon is due to some extension, program, or blocker preventing the icon from appearing. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. It'a also available on all the "Help Center" pages.

Chat_12172018.JPG

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

@Edwin37 This is pretty frustrating. I have tried various browsers on mobile and laptop, incognito, cleared history, and cleared cache. End users should have the ability to update billing information as outlined on the company website. Providing my payment information in a chat window is just unacceptable to me. This should be evaluated and resolved. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

AT&T Now TV service is laughable.  Embarrassing and despite my efforts to pay my bill, I cannot find assistance to do so.  It looks they will cancel my service for failing to pay.  Good riddance.  I can find another service that will actually be responsive to me.  

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

10 months ago

Have you logged into your account to verify the status and the CC info? Support is by the chat only. Contact support using the chat and report your issue to a support rep. No one here is able to fix the issue. Go to https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/att-tv-now Chat is at the bottom of the page.

Get started...

Ask a new question