Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Jun 25, 2018 12:40 PM

Being Charged for directvnow ...

Directvnow.com I am being charged for this service but I never did have it.  So far it's impossible to get any help.  Been charged $10 a month for 3 months and am now being charged $30 a month.  Can any body help?

Responses

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

2 years ago

You need to contact customer support 

https://www.att.com/esupport/main.html#!/directv-now

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Why am I being charged $35 in May and again in June for Directv-Now when I was told that it was cancled 03/03/18

I never did get completely signed up because where I live I cannot get Directv-Now

I don't have a ID or a password.  You are charging my CHASE card the last four numbers are (6829)

Will you please Refund my $70 back to the card that you are charging.

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

2 years ago

Like I said in my first reply you need to contact customer support through chat.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222548

This is not ATT support but a user to user forum.

You must of signed up for it since DirectvNow has your credit card info and is charging it.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have had 2 long conversations with Customer Service in the past 2 weeks at Directv-Now and told my service was Canceled back in March.  I was told by Directv-Now that they don't have any information on why I am being charged. 

I told them that their name and TX phone # is on my card statement but they have NO idea how it is being done. They can't tell me where my $35 a month is going.

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

2 years ago

Then I would dispute it with my credit card company and tell them it’s a bogus charge.

If ATT can’t figure it out then have your credit card company to stop paying for it.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17K Messages

2 years ago

@FRANKSMITH wrote:

I have had 2 long conversations with Customer Service in the past 2 weeks at Directv-Now and told my service was Canceled back in March.  I was told by Directv-Now that they don't have any information on why I am being charged. 

I told them that their name and TX phone # is on my card statement but they have NO idea how it is being done. They can't tell me where my $35 a month is going.

If you've had two long telephone conversations with Customer Service, then I'm not surprised they can't tell you about a DIRECTV NOW charge.  As DIRECTV NOW doesn't have telephone support.  DIRECTV customer service does, but DIRECTV customer service doesn't handle DIRECTV NOW.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I had the same issue. I followed the link and contacted with the customer service representitive via “CHAT NOW” option. They immediately identified the subscription, cancelled and refunded the charges. Apperantly sometimes AT&T store employees create Direct NOW accounts w/o the customers concent to earn points for themselves. Which is honestly as Frank pointed out a fraud. Maybe it is not the intention of AT&T, but still it is very serious issue that can have serious consequences. This is a very big exposure legally. Such a reward system that incentives the employees to commit fraud shall and must be banned effective immediately for the well being of all stake holders. I hope this gets controlled before more people fall victim to such fraudalent acts.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

I cAncelled my membership about 8 days into my trial. I was getting charged on my credit card for a bit less than a year. Called and they verified I stopped using my account before the trial period would even been over. I couldn’t use it due to our internet being slow (we live in the country) since I didn’t have the confirmation from cancellation they wouldn’t do anything for me. Then informed me they would reimburse me $50 and supervisor would call me still haven’t heard $105 each month charges since December 2018- August 2019

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…