Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
carsonmd's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Aug 17, 2017 3:25 PM

Apple TV promotion

So, what benefit does signing on a new customer for the free Apple TV promotion present to AT&T?  I am a current customer of DirecTV Now, but am very willing to pre-pay for 3 months to obtain this offer.  Aren't I basically a new customer every month?  I was told I do not qualify for this deal because I already subscribe to DirecTV Now.  I would gladly pony up for 3 months of service and this would go a long way in retaining me in the future past 3 months.  However, now I will probably try a different streaming TV provider as loyalty is a two way street.  Isn't worth making a lifelong (so far) customer happy as well as getting new ones?  Especially in this case where we basically pay month to month.  I would think it prudent to keep all happy. Thanks.

Responses

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.8K Messages

4 y ago

All companies seem to think that attracting new customers (who they assume they will be able to keep) is more valuable than stroking existing customers (who they believe they will mostly keep without expensive promos - and on average, they're apparently right).

However, since DTVN is contract free and your account identity is apparently based on your email address, you can probably cancel your existing account at the end of your current subscription period, and sign up again (with a different email) to take advantage of the promo.  (Unless you have an existing promo that you would lose - then you'd have to balance the promos.)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

Thanks for a reply. Seems my timing is always worse for wear as my subscription just renewed so going to have to wait the whole month before cancelling and then re subscribing. Even if to try re upping with new email. I guess companies just gotta make hoops to jump through. Lol. I just wish they understood there are a lot of different hoops out there. Have a good day.

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.