Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
RdtvNow's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 4:54 PM

apple tv offer

signed up for freeview. now ready to commit. where do i sign up for free apple tv?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.3K Messages

4 years ago

If you signed up for the free preview, you will get the device shipped in a week when you stick with the service.  I went through and prepaid with PayPal.   I will use my mobile for this week.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I think the question is NOT when but how?

I am in the same boat.. Signed up for the Go Big freeview (then month to month after the 7-day trial) to see if I liked the GUI. I did NOT select the 3 month deal with the free Apple TV but now that I've seen and used the service I am ready to commit to it..

So the question is: How do I change my account to pre-pay the 3 months and get the Apple TV... 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Following for the same reason as dodgeballer.  

droid0121

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Ok All, I had same issue. What I did was canceled the account and made a new one. I used a different email address. Still used the same paypal account for payment. I paid the three months that way. Hope this helps. Steve

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for that but I am not interested in cancelling the account and signing up for a new one.. There has to be a way for DirecTV to make the chage to the existing account since we are all still in the trial period.

I am also curious since I went with the Go Big promo if the Apple TV deals mean you have to pay the full price for the package and not the promo price. The website says the Apple TV offer is not valid with other offers, so does that exclude the Go Big promo as well?

Getting replies or info from DirecTV is like pulling teeth and chat has been unavailable all day..

droid0121

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

I understand that canceling and account and starting a new one isn’t the best option. I too couldn’t find an answer. The chat window wait time kept going up rather than down. I’m sure they are getting hammered with questions.
You can still get the Apple TV with introductory price. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah their support is off to a terrible start. Hopefully this is not an indication of what's ahead support wise. I sent a Twitter DM 4 hours ago and no response, everytime I try chat I get they are buisy and directed here, once here they respond to nothing...

At any rate, I did cancel the account and make a new one. For those who might be curious, I was charged the Go Big promo pice of $35x3 ($105 total) and it says I was eldigble for the Apple TV as well.. I guess you can combine these 2 promos...

Still no welcome email or info on the Apple TV though. So far the service appears fine but the customer service is a joke..

rctocm

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

4 years ago

Customer service is no joke. Their executive managers are. Uh oh, is my apple tv gonna get pulled?

droid0121

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

I'm sure you will get the emails soon. Try checking your spem folder. As far as their support goes, I'm sure it will get a lot better. They probably have tens of thousand or more people signing up at once. I've owned websites in the past and I know how hard it is to keep up with everything. I did have a lot of help with the sites but still wasn't easy haha. Hopefully the streamimg service with by with the issues they are having now. Just remember your not in this alone ;). There is a lot of us that will be rating their customer service. I'm glad you were able to get the Apple TV deal. Good Luck with everything!

Get started...

Ask a new question