Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

Sat, Dec 31, 2016 1:38 AM

$35 GO BIG Introductory Offer ENDS January 9, 2017

I just saw saw the $35 promo offer ends soon.

Limited time introductory offer ends January 9, 2017. Customers who enroll after Go Big offer expires will pay min. $60/mo. Must be subscribed to Go Big at offer end date to retain introductory pricing. Offer rate may increase. Channels, features, and terms subject to change & may be discontinued without notice.

Regardless of what you think of the service today, if you think it has potential, "locking" into the $35 price now makes sense. You get 100-ish channels instead of 60-ish channels for the same price. 

While they don't promise it'll be $35 forever, they have announced it's supposed to never jump up to full price. I'm not sure if they'll keep it the same price as the "Live a Little" package or if the "Go Big" package goes up $5, then so will this. Regardless, it's supposed to be a bonus for the early adoptors.

Seems like signing up now and getting a free FireStick makes a little more sense than just signing up for the same price. Although the AppleTV for $105 is a sweet price too.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Responses

JohnnyDoe

Guru

• 

691 Messages

4 years ago

Definitely know what you mean there and that's good advice!

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

They didn't charge me any other fees. I also had the 3 month prepay but I think they would have added them in if there were extra charges

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

"Limited time introductory offer ENDS January 9", I'm not sure if that means the 8th is the last day to get it or if the 9th is... 

Does it end at the end of the 9th or the beginning of the 9th?

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Gary L - I already have an ATV4 so would I still need to pre-pay the $105 to get in on the $35/mo cost (or $40/mo if I want to add HBO Now)? And speaking of HBO Now, do you know if it outputs true 5.1 like HBO Go does?

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@OttoPylot wrote:

I already have an ATV4 so would I still need to pre-pay the $105 to get in on the $35/mo cost (or $40/mo if I want to add HBO Now)? 

No, you can just sign up for the $35 plan.

But if you're getting it why not get a free ATV4, you can sell it and cover a few months...

And speaking of HBO Now, do you know if it outputs true 5.1 like HBO Go does?

Your DTV Now credentials will activate the HBO Go app.  I don't know about the 5.1, I haven't played with it that much yet.

(HBO Now is the pay for HBO streaming service).

FYI, All HBO Go apps are not the same, the version on TiVo does not list DTV or DTV Now as authorized providers.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Gary L - thanks. My daugher has DirecTV now, with HBO. Whenever she comes to visit we just use the HBO Go app on my ATV4 so she can watch her shows. She's the one who's thinking on dropping DirecTV and switching to DirecTV Now, with HBO Now for $40 per month, and a new ATV4. I guess the big question is how long will those prices last and if they go up, what will the increase be? I know the Go Big package is something like $60 per month now.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Supposedly forever unless they have to pay more to content providers which they will pass along. That's how I took what they said. I have been having a lot of trouble with their service though especially during prime time. And the support is terrible. Good luck
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@OttoPylot wrote:

My daugher has DirecTV now, with HBO.

So she has DirecTV now and is considering DirecTV Now...

It's a bit buggy right now, some people are having good success, but many are not. Have her sign up and try the trial. 

The DirecTV app for iPad is pretty seemless and seems to run better than the DirecTV Now app currently. I assume they'll eventually get the bugs out. Why AT&T didn't just "pay" DirecTV for the software (apps and servers) and start there I'll never know. 

Regardless of how it runs today, what really matters is how it runs in a few months and if you have the "locked" in price. Saving $25 a month for however many years it lasts, seems like it'd be worth waiting a few months of them getting their act together. But the pricing ends soon.

Honestly, I signed up to get the AppleTV more than the service.

I wanted to try the service, but $105 for the AppleTV was a no brainer. 

I guess the big question is how long will those prices last and if they go up, what will the increase be? I know the Go Big package is something like $60 per month now.

At the initial press conference they said that it'll always be very discounted, but as prices (and number of channels) go up, so will it. I'd imagine it'll hover $25 below the Go Big package for a while, then $20 or more...

JohnnyDoe

Guru

• 

691 Messages

4 years ago

@Jdfish From what I read on the FAQ's and everything I've seen also I hope your right... let's hope the promo price $35 sticks around for good for those grandfathered in... especially since we are all dealing with some growing pains with the new service (to say the least).

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

4 years ago

Ok. Just checked in with the daughter. I logged in to DirecTV Now on my ATV4 just to check it out Smiley Wink The video is really nice on what I "reviewed" on the Go Big package.  Audio is all stereo. However, if one has HBO Go, then you can use your DTV Now creds to login and everything on HBO Go will work as before (GoT, WW, etc will be in discrete 5.1). HBO Now is more for the mobile folks so that's why it probably won't be, and can't be, in 5.1.

As far as the $35 introductory price, and the $5 additional "premium" price for HBO Now, those are supposed to not change. We'll see.

I did encounter a few glitches in the DTV Now app but it was not bad for a new app/service.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@OttoPylot wrote:

As far as the $35 introductory price, and the $5 additional "premium" price for HBO Now, those are supposed to not change. We'll see.

As long as you lock in during the next day...

Ok. Just checked in with the daughter. I logged in to DirecTV Now on my ATV4 just to check it out Smiley Wink The video is really nice on what I "reviewed" on the Go Big package.  Audio is all stereo. However, if one has HBO Go, then you can use your DTV Now creds to login and everything on HBO Go will work as before (GoT, WW, etc will be in discrete 5.1). HBO Now is more for the mobile folks so that's why it probably won't be, and can't be, in 5.1.

When more apps authenticate it'll be even nicer. PLUS the new "TV" app on the AppleTV talks to multiple apps and you can play from one interface, it's pretty cool. Limited for DTV Now at this point, but could get much better. 

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

Just a reminder, today is one of the last days to lock in the $35 price.

Pretty sure it'll be there tomorrow, but not 100% sure.

I know the service is NOT where we want it to be, but if thye fix it soon, some people are going to be kicking themselves for not getting this price "locked" in.

JohnnyDoe

Guru

• 

691 Messages

4 years ago

@Gary L I agree!! The potential is there and service seems to be getting better (slowly) - but glad I was able to lock in the $35 price tag vs. $60... plus got a free Apple TV!

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@JohnnyDoe wrote:

@Gary L I agree!! The potential is there and service seems to be getting better (slowly) - but glad I was able to lock in the $35 price tag vs. $60... plus got a free Apple TV!

Well it's been over a month and service is still stinky, I'm not considering it free yet. With the issues, I'm thinking the first $35 went towards the AppleTV and I didn't get a month of service yet!

Speaking of the timeline, it's been just over a month and a week so far so all the people who did the Firestick (or just a month) the first few days should be dropping off the system now.  The question is will be is the trickle out faster be faster than the trickle in. Unless they hang on to keep the promo pricing.

To me, it seemed like a lot more people did the AppleTV promo than the FireStick promo though.

JohnnyDoe

Guru

• 

691 Messages

4 years ago

Haha you do have some good points there! I've been wondering about the Firestick promo's - from what I've read and seen, it appears there are more complaints regarding FireTV and Firesticks than anything else regarding the streaming quality issues, buffering, Q errors, log outs, etc... Definitely presents some interesting discussion surrounding whether those users stay or go.

I do agree, it appears far more people did the Apple TV promo but the complaints don't seem so nasty... then again, maybe I've become numb to many of them since I'm suffering many of the same problems as others are... it's just started to get better from my perspective and daily use. 

Get started...

Ask a new question