Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jul 8, 2018 3:02 PM

$35 go big grandfathered plans are getting increased in August.

So their $35 go big grandfathered plans are getting increased to$40 a month even though they are not supposed to increase the price. I spoke with DirecTV Now chat and a manger and they said they don't know how they are going to fix the price to go back for grandfathered in plans.

Responses

fredziffel

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

2 years ago

I agree, the GUIDE is dreadful and the BETA recording is "iffy" at best.

Raising the price for a somewhat defective product seems rather bold by at&t ...

Gee, what did I expect after suffering 11 years of Uverse ?

sam321

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

2 years ago

In other words, "The other streaming services are raising their prices, so we are, too."  🙂

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

2 years ago

Not that they are but they already did weeks before directv now went up on theirs. 348C4963-C838-4E67-90C2-AC98C4DF6DA6.jpegF01AB483-3D1A-4DCC-A893-F5DF5B8CB22C.jpeg

sam321

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, I know.  I probably shouldn't have replied to an old post.  Sorry for any confusion.  That said, I suspect that's part of the reason.  They're going to charge whatever the market will support.  When our current special runs out, we're going to cancel.  There are other much less expensive options out there.  We're also avid readers, though, so we might just drop TV altogether.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Very deceptive for the initial “members” who hung around when the service first started and it was a mess. Quite thankless as well. And then to be so impersonal as to write the same response to each concern. C’mon ATT. I used to love your company, but even beyond this, this month, with no discussion , changed my internet from $40 mo to $70 per month, promised a refund for the TV each month for getting my iPhone 8+contract and didn’t give it to me. And finally when the hurricane hit south FL last October charged for having no service. I’ve tried repeatedly to correct to no avail. I guess ATT figures they don’t need their current customers since there are so many people in the world to replace them. Any integrity ATT? Just please have the courtesy to NOT reply with that message again about valuing your customers.
Been with you a long time, but you have been successful in alienating me from your services. I will cancel accordingly. Hello T Mobile. I have missed how well your customer service for my phone was sending bills I could understand. Hello Comcast who actually delivers good internet and charges less than 1/3rd of the price of ATT.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Is it deceitful and misleading? Yes.

Did the wording change from when I signed up on 11/30/2017? Yes.

Do I feel cheated, deceived, and manipulated? Yes. 

I am canceling my service. Period. 

That said, I have reviewed the small print in the two welcome emails I received on 11/30/2017. The wording allowing this change is there. The images below were in the welcome emails *AFTER* I signed up. The package description did *NOT* suggest it would ever change (as demonstrated by others who have uploaded those images already), quite the contrary actually. Screenshot_20190110-090210_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20190110-090111_Gmail.jpg

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

1 year ago

@DeceivedbyA77 It’s old news. Get over it and move on like you suggested but keep in mind that everyone else also increased their prices weeks before directv now did plus you will not get all the channels you have now with any other legal streaming provider for the same price or cheaper. Good luck. 

rhemy1

Scholar

• 

38 Messages

11 months ago

I love how people like you try to make it seem as though it’s still a really great deal. You’re probably an att plant.  Did you just see another $10 increase. That’s $15 increase in less than year.  Not to mention their crappy text only customer service.   I’ll be looking for a new a provider who keeps their word to their early adopters, and will never look back. 

Most at people don’t watch all the channels. I will look for another provider for both my phone and my streaming service. #ATT*****

[Please keep it courteous]

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

11 months ago

@rhemy1 i don’t have a att plan but I am getting the most for my money so far. I have not seen another increase but only heard rumors of it. My billing remains the same as it did with the first increase. If it has increased for you or others it probably because you had a discount with att. Hulu went up on their prices again last month and I think everyone else will follow as they did in the past. When it gets to the point where I feel that the price is close to cable or sat prices I too will be making another switch or cancelling live stream altogether but as for now with my promo discount and plan it is a win for me. If you have proof that they went up on you again show us the proof (and not something edited). 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

11 months ago

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

11 months ago

@bcbsncjlj That news been going on since early this year from cord cutters but when it does happen is when I’ll be switching too unless they make it worth my while like expanding the dvr storage (free), adding 4K channels (free) and giving me a free box. 

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

11 months ago

Looks like we will be keeping the same plan and a few more plans added to the line up. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

11 months ago

Still no ESPN 3 etc.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

11 months ago

Here's a wild idea the channel providers cringe at:  Do away with packages and let customers subscribe "a la carte" to ONLY the channels they want.

ESPN (owned by Disney) charges $9 BUCKS A MONTH if it's in your package.  If you don't watch it you are subsidizing those who do.  Ditto for MTV, BET, Nickelodeon, Hallmark, WE, etc.  In order to get the channels I really want (The Weather Channel, Investigation Discovery) I forced into paying for a ton of crap I don't.

The first TV provider that offers single channel subscriptions is going to win big. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

11 months ago

Never going to happen. We wish but cost is not feasible.