Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jul 8, 2018 3:02 PM

$35 go big grandfathered plans are getting increased in August.

So their $35 go big grandfathered plans are getting increased to$40 a month even though they are not supposed to increase the price. I spoke with DirecTV Now chat and a manger and they said they don't know how they are going to fix the price to go back for grandfathered in plans.

Responses

RAIST5150

Scholar

• 

82 Messages

2 years ago

One of the promotion slides from their Twitter feed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DIRECTVNowHelp/status/814440998046756865/photo/1

C015OUTUkAA1bYz.png

Pretty much explains what happened.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for your insight and help. It is a shame that just about everything
in our society is following suit. I cringe to think of what life will be
like in 5-years.

Sincerely grateful,

Lou

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

If anyone would like to sell his subscription, please let me know.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

How do I get in on this ? How do I modify my U-VERSE bundling?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

If the ideal UVERSE bundle for me is: limit tv to basic channels (more and more of us have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime,etc) and only need very basic channels.  Can I keep a Bundle at a savings if I choose to remove my cell phone from it but keep TV, Computer and Devices internet and a home phone? Does ATT sell quality refurbished phones?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I just want to disconnect Direct TV all together. Who can I call directly
to make this happen.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

There is no phone support. All you need to do is login to your account and go to "Manage My Plan" and select cancel.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
fredziffel

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

2 years ago

I would not mind the price increase if the thing actually worked !

AWFUL DVR system and soooo slow to load

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm fine and understand why my "grandfather" plan was hit with the increase but only a year into the product it's worrying. One main reason we moved away from Cox was yearly price increases. So far DirectTV Now is 1 for 1 and that's disconcerting especially since their apps and DVR are beta or behave like beta. Will give it another year but if this happens again, I will not find it reasonable unless there's really $5 more in product provided. A so-so DVR, local ABC and FOX and apparent lack of improvements in the app (yes I have the latest Apps but am not overly impressed) are not worth $5.

teasip

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

I have to say that since I modified the QOS on my router I'm not seeing the pixelation/pauses as I had been, the DVR is functioning normally now that I've been told how to delete recorded programming before it reaches the end and prompts, and I'm getting the channels I'm supposed to get.  I upgraded to the next level of programming on the first day of my billing cycle for football season and lo' and behold, it works!  The billing has even been correct.  So far, so good I guess.  All this via Frontier FiOS and my Roku stick.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I know in my situation, it was unclear to me whether or not the price would increase, so I did the right thing and ask direct questions before I signed up. This is what I was told and why we are all so upset;

Stacey : Hello and thank you for visiting att.com today! How may I help you?
You : When does the $35 go big offer end?
Stacey : Thank you for considering AT&T as your provider!
Stacey : I can help you with finding the information you need online.
Stacey : We don't have yet a specific date for when it would last since it is an on-going offer.
You : OK. How long does the introductory price last before it goes to the $60? ^ months, 12 months
Stacey : It will not increase as long as you subscribe to the plan while it is offered.
You : indefinately
Stacey : It would be a forever price as long as your service is active.
You : What other fees are on top of the $35?
Stacey : It would be taxes and you will see it on the checkout page.
You : no regional sports fee, or local fee
Stacey : Yes, only taxes will be added.
You : ok, thanks

"It will not increase" and "Forever Price" seems very black and white to me. If the representatives don't know the details of the deal, how can we as consumers be expected to know.  We were not promised a grandfathered $25 discount, we were promised a $35 "forever price" using her words.

So get off your high horses.  We were lied to and mislead.  We're the ones who got this company off the ground.

Dvdrenna

Scholar

• 

139 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, you were misled by AT&T's chat support, which is **extremely unreliable** .... you cannot trust what they say. I doubt they are intentionally lying but they seem to ad lib with the truth, saying what customers want to hear. AT&T did at least 'imply' at launch that the grandfathered 'Go Big' price would be linked to the basic package price (now $40), and would never rise above that price.

RAIST5150

Scholar

• 

82 Messages

2 years ago

@newlin99

This is why people shouldn't "blindly" accept/sign agreements... need to read the documentation first.

This very scenario that could lead to an increase in the promotional rate was actually covered in the promotional materials of the time, as well as in the user agreements/ToS people accepted when they signed up.  Examples have been given in these threads to demonstrate this (re: post 46 of mine this thread).  People have also posted contents of emails they received when they signed up that had language in there pointing out the conditions in which the price may increase as well.  It is not their fault if you did not take note of such clarifications to the terms of the promotion.  They met their responsibility to give people a heads up on some very specific conditions in that regard.

Again, here is a link to their Twitter feed where a panel used for their promotion was posted, which quite clearly states the conditions where the price could increase... which is the scenario we have atm:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DIRECTVNowHelp/status/814440998046756865

And here is that promotional graphic:

C015OUTUkAA1bYz.png

About a month prior to that tweet, on 11/30/16, there was another post that linked an article that also gave the same clarification:

The tweet:  https://mobile.twitter.com/DIRECTVNowHelp/status/804022242870956033

The article: http://about.att.com/story/att_offers_three_ways_to_stream_premium_video_content.html?linkId=31749310

"Experience any of our packages free for 7 days when you sign up at www.directvnow.com and download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. To celebrate our historic launch of DIRECTV NOW, we’re making streams come true by offering our “Go Big” package with more than 100 channels for just $35 per month. This is a limited time offer. Customers who sign up for this offer will continue to enjoy this special price for as long as you keep the package, subject only to future reasonable programming price increases applicable to all packages."

The point is, they continually published the clarification that the rate would persist unless either you altered your subscription (cancel, switch to different plan or promotion), or there was an increase across the board for all plans.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I think it’s fraud. I remember watching shows that had cartoon characters from another Channel on the screen with voices from a different channel.   [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I was one who signed up early on,not sure how long this offer lasted. I also feel lied to. Yes there are increases, But everyone who signed up early on: this was a new service with many, many flaws. We dealt with connection issues, lock ups, loss of service for a day or more, the horrible guide, on demand that never worked or only 10% of the time, and you all know the pain. We suffered as new members letting ATT know of our concerns and the flaws we dealt with. The reason we all stayed with Directvnow is the guaranteed price. It is not the value and reasoning of the increase, it is the pain we went through and now a slap in the face with an increase. Thanks for all the pain we took sticking with it, all for this.

At least send us original testers a free appletv.