Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jul 8, 2018 3:02 PM

$35 go big grandfathered plans are getting increased in August.

So their $35 go big grandfathered plans are getting increased to$40 a month even though they are not supposed to increase the price. I spoke with DirecTV Now chat and a manger and they said they don't know how they are going to fix the price to go back for grandfathered in plans.

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

They never said that they wouldn't raise the price.  What they said was:

Keep this special price for as long as you keep the package, subject only to future reasonable programming price increases applicable to all packages.

and that is what is happening - a price increase applicable to all packages

But this is NOT what is happening - as per their FAQ's ... "The price of the Todo y Mas package isn’t changing."

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I asked if the $35 per month was forever and the representative said that because I was getting in during the initial offering period my rate would NEVER go up.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.8K Messages

2 years ago

As it turns out, what a rep says isn't binding - what it says in writing is.  And that says (as noted) they can raise the grandfathered price as part of a general price increase.  (The Terms and Conditions also say they can change anything - content, features, prices, promotions, etc. - at any time.  They aren't doing that.)  Your recourse if you are unhappy with the service is to not renew - they are offering you a chance to cancel before the price increases hit.  Given all that, you aren't going to find a lawyer (at least a decent one) who would have any interest in pursuing a suit, since they would lose.

And as far as Todo y Más goes - it was just added, so the price increase was probably baked in from the start - meaning that instead of being the (old) cost of Live a Little plus the Español add-on ($35+$10), there likely is a $5 combo discount (so basically $40+$5).

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

2 years ago

Once again. 015F89B4-8085-413F-9D79-859311B7F7EE.jpegA0803551-FBCD-4C78-A1CE-D2355B085DB8.jpeg

DrDigital7

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

The title of the article... "AT&T and DirecTV face thousands of complaints linked to overcharging, promotions" the answer to our "problem" is in the last paragraphs of that article. Fighting is a lost cause with this company and that article explains why. The only option we have is to cancel and walk away!

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.8K Messages

2 years ago

Feel free.  Good luck at finding equivalent service any cheaper - especially since all the other services also recently raised their prices...

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

If you're a charter subscriber, Google your state's attorney general's office and find out how to file a complaint for false advertising and Breach of Contract. 

[Please keep it courteous]

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

DrDigital7

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

I posted a picture on here as the other one above but someone kept removing it. It states the following... 
"Your account must be active and subscribed to Go Big to continue to receive introductory pricing of $35. If you cancel or change your plan, your account will renew at current package prices."

Your account must: 4 points
1. My account has remained active.
2. My account has been subscribed to the Go Big.
3. I have not canceled anything.
4. I have not changed my plan.
Therefore my plan = SHOULD: "continue to receive introductory pricing of $35" and SHOULD NOT: RENEW AT CURRENT PACKAGE PRICES!

Based on those four points as stated in the fine print in this post and that picture above why is my plan going up by $5.00 and why am I not able to "continue to receive introductory pricing of $35.00" since I DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING, and have met the terms and conditions of that offer.

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

2 years ago

@DrDigital7 That’s what it says now. look at the first pic I posted above that one it says: offer rate may increase and may be discontinued without notice. Just be glad it is just $5 and not discontinued. That’s what we had got when we signed up in the beginning and that’s what we accepted. 

DrDigital7

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

Nonsense... That is not what it said. Prove that is what it always said, and not only that but the same fine print terms should have been carried over if that was the case. Typical BAIT AND SWITCH. I want you to prove that first pic is what it said. YOU CAN'T... The statement that I wrote were the terms and conditions I originally agreed to and also was agreeing to when my plan was renewing..... plain and simple

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

2 years ago

@DrDigital7 Dude it’s in the pic I posted above. Here it is again. That’s from the first time we signed up  it’s changed now to what you said earlier but this is the original to our promo deal before 2017209C05E8-E96B-49F6-A32A-A0582C39B3C8.jpeg

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Since my previous reply was flagged as being discourteous for stating an opinion, I'm going to rephrase things a bit...

• This is a forum of opinions.  The number of times any person has posted or been given "kudos" does not automatically mean a specific post contains accurate facts.  It is up to the reader to decide if a given post and/or opinion seems to be truthful or a "shill" posted by someone with either employment or a financial interest in a given company.
  • Any consumer who feels they have been a victim of false advertising or a broken promise (be it hidden in fine print or never disclosed in the first place) on any product or service has the right to fight back.  Examples include contacting state/federal government agencies involved in consumer protection, contacting a local consumer news reporter or filing a complaint with the BBB.
  • The more people who complain, the greater the chances that governmental consumer protection agencies will actively investigate the issue.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I signed up a couple weeks ago and the Just Right plan was $50 per month, which I paid up front for first 3 months. Now when I review my plan in my account it shows as $55 per month. Classic "Bait & Switch" - Nice!, and my local channels still show as Knoxville TN (over 500 miles away from my physical location).

Not cool

RAIST5150

Scholar

• 

82 Messages

2 years ago

Prime example of why people should review contracts/agreements before signing them.  It is your responsibility to read that document before signing it.

It is VERY common for subscription based services to have a clause covering potential price increases and/or other potential changes to the service.  It may have also been pointed out in your welcome email as well when you signed up.

Go back and read documentation for other services... might be surprised how much you have been "deceived" by them as well.

rldvxi

Associated Member

• 

200 Messages

2 years ago

Even at $40 a month it is still a good price in my opinion. The Go Big is the equivalent of the Xtra package and even with a one room set up with no dvr or regional sports fee and the abp discount the price is still $44.99

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question