For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
W

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 20th, 2020 7:09 PM

Yearlong billing issue

When we signed up for AT&T, there was an offer to turn in our old phones, and receive a $35 bill credit per phone, per month, for a year. Using AT&T packaging, we sent back our phones. I tracked the packages to ensure that they didn't get lost in the mail. 

A month later (December), no credit. I contacted support and was told it can take a month or two to process. I called two months later, in February, and was told they didn't have the phones. I provided the IMEI numbers and the tracking numbers, and got the equivalent of a shrug. This was all pre-COVID, mind you. They said it would be escalated, and that it would be resolved within two weeks. 

A month later, I called again. That's when they told me that the tracking numbers were to the "wrong" AT&T warehouse, and that's why it was taking so long. I was given a resolution time of 4-6 weeks. I called two months later and got the same kind of runaround, with the person explaining that they couldn't possibly guarantee a resolution time. But they agreed to escalate once again. I called a month ago, and was told that because I'd made multiple good faith efforts to get this resolved, I'd be receiving bill credits, as well as a check for all of the credits that had been missed. This month, no check. No bill credits. 

I know the forum can't resolve this for me, but hopefully it will serve as a decision-maker for people who are trying to decide between AT&T and literally any other carrier. If you're reading this and thinking of using AT&T, don't. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Missing returned phones seems to be a common problem based on similar complaints here. Before you give up, suggest you escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. 

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

You will not get a check. If you are eligible for the credits they will be applied to your account. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.