Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Crescendo7's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jul 28, 2016 4:40 AM

Wireless - Next Samsung Credit

I have a plan called "Mobile Share Value 15GB with Rollover Data," which I share with two other people. One of them has a Samsung phone. Each month on my bill, there is a credit that says, "Wireless - Next Samsung Credit." The amount of the credit varied in the first three billing cycles since starting the Mobile Share Value plan last December, and now the credit is consistently $19.84 each month. Not that I'm complaining...I just don't know what the credit is for or how it is calculated or how long it will continue.

The Samsung phone in question was purchased through an AT&T Next installment plan requiring 30 payments. Although I have been with AT&T for almost five years, the person with the Samsung phone just switched over from T-Mobile this past December and is new to the AT&T Next program, so I wasn't expecting any kind of credit. Please provide an explanation for this credit.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

@Crescendo7 Sounds like you signed up for some kind of buy one get one (BOGO) promo and it's crediting for the price of the phone.  Did one of the other lines get a new Samsung at the same time?

This is the AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), we cannot look up your plan.

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.5K Messages

5 y ago

Yup.  The timing and amount are right for the BOGO sale if two phones were the same model 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

48.4K Messages

5 y ago

All we ever see on this forum are complaints about not getting the BOGO credit. I think this is the first confirmation I've seen that someone actually is getting the credit. 😀

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

5 y ago

@sandblaster wrote:

All we ever see on this forum are complaints about not getting the BOGO credit. I think this is the first confirmation I've seen that someone actually is getting the credit. 😀

@sandblaster

im getting the credit for a s7 active.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.5K Messages

5 y ago

@sandblaster.

You missed out easy solve a couple days ago.  The customer was furious about still paying for the second phone.  Called ATT all the usually nasty things, scam, etc.

Once we reviewed the BOGO terms and she checked her bill, she confirmed she was indeed getting the credits all along.

Some of the others that post angry and then go away, never to be heard from, are also suspected of not reading their bills.  

But it is the first one that didn't expect the credit they were getting.  I agree, it's a pleasant change of pace.

If only we weren't at the start of yet another BOGO and switch offer   Smiley Frustrated

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

I guess I'm as guilty as anyone else who didn't read or understand the terms and conditions, because I don't remember anything about the BOGO. It's a pleasant surprise. Thanks for the explanation. The other two joined my plan not because of any promotions or offers, but because going onto a shared data plan was going to save us all money anyway. A little more info: the two new account users did both purchase Samsung phones, but not the same model. One was a Galaxy S6 that was added to the account in late December. The other was a Galaxy Note5 that was added in early January, about a week later. I'm not sure which BOGO offer applied at the time, but it's all working out nicely.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

OK! I have a question. My wife and I bought phones on a shared plan with my son and daugher in law. The plan was a bogo. We were to buy two and get two for free. Unfortunately my phone and my son and laws were note 7's which had to be returned. I have consistently been billed every month for the Note 7 that I returned. My son in law gave me his old Note 3 for free to use and I should not be being charged for it. Yet evey month ATT is charging me an installment fee of $29.34 for the Note 7 I no longer have. My wife is being charged $26.50 for the Samsung S6 Active that she was supposed to have gotten free under the bogo. However both my wife and I are both getting a $23.17 "Next" Samsung credit. So though I appreciate the credit I think I should not be being charged for a phone I no longer own. I sent it directly back to Samsung on Nov 7th of last year and they promised me a refund. I have called Samsung several times and they keep giving me the run a round. I have called ATT and they promised to reverse the charges for the payments I have made on the Note 7 but I have not seen anything. Also I do not understand why the monthly "Next" credit is less that what we are actuallt paying per month on the 30 month pay plan. Can anyone clarify any of this.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

If you are looking at your AT&T front page of billing under "Payments & Adjustments" those amounts may show as "29.`17CR". This is misleading. It is NOT a credit to your bill. It is a charge to your bill. But I am still not sure why there is this charge on my bill. It shows:

Wireless-Next iPhone Winter 2017 Promo"

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.6K Messages

3 y ago

@Patriq4u2 wrote:

If you are looking at your AT&T front page of billing under "Payments & Adjustments" those amounts may show as "29.`17CR". This is misleading. It is NOT a credit to your bill. It is a charge to your bill. But I am still not sure why there is this charge on my bill. It shows:

Wireless-Next iPhone Winter 2017 Promo"

No, the CR after the number means it's a credit. If your bill says: 

25.00CR

Your total due would be $75. You are getting a credit because of an iPhone promotion you took advantage of at the end of last year. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.5K Messages

3 y ago

Seems “Read the bill...” doesn’t solve all the problems if you don’t understand what you read.

See my payment credited?   

And a $22 credit adjustment?

Those are credits, as in reductions in what you owe.   

5585A1F9-35AD-47E5-BC07-26E08543DA9D.jpeg

Get started...

Ask a new question