Need help understanding your bill?
illini04alum's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 23rd, 2014 6:51 AM

Why is my promotional code not being honored for the trade-in program?

Hello, I recently upgraded from an Iphone 4 to an Iphone6+.  I purchased the new phone before the September 30th cutoff date.  I received the new phone in November and received the promotional code by email that honored the $200 gift card for my trade in.  I mailed the phone which was protected by a case from the day I received it 4 years ago and sent the printed receipt with it.  Fast forward 3 weeks and the trade in has been completed, but now the trade in has been reduced to $50 non promotional price.  The printable receipt also has been changed to $50, not the one I mailed.  Why is this the case?  I sent in a non damaged phone, purchased the new phone within the promotional time period, mailed the old phone with the promotional code within the 30 day period after receiving the new phone.  This is unacceptable.  I followed all the instructions.  Why was the receipt changed and why is my promotional code not being honored?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @illini04alum 

I'm sorry you're experiencing an issue with your trade in, our team will be happy to help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Just had this happen to me also, thanks for pointing out the part about the reciept being changed.

As you stated, looks like the code is just not being honored...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Just an update I received my promotion card in the mail today, and when activated it showed the balance of $200.  The trade in value when logged in still reads $50.  While relieved, this discrepancy should be adjusted for in the trade in program for people in the future.  Thanks.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for letting us know @illini04alum ! I will be sure to report your case to the right people.

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Looks like I'm hit by the same issue.  Just checked the status of my trade-in for iPhone 5, and the trade-in value on the site now shows $140, which is a non-promo value.  As recently as last week it was still showing $200.  Will have to see what the card's balance turns out to be, but so far it looks like the problem is still there.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.