For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Lukeprus's profile

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2023 9:04 PM

Why is AT&T so bad with customer service?

Nothing but problems since I switched over AT&T but if you need help you can't get it. I was offered a promotional gift in store but I guess it wasn't a real thing so now they are trying to get me to pay 400 dollars for the "free" gift. Which by the way was an old model smart watch they had just laying around and couldn't sell. When I noticed the extra charge I wanted to find out what the problem was but NO that would require actual customer service. I tried the chat to straighten things out but it just crashed over and over and over and over and over. So I called into their number and talked to that stupid automation thing which couldn't even get me to billing. After the tech service people transferred me over to billing I get the run around because they just disconnect you or maybe it's just my AT&T service dropping calls? AT&T is TERRIBLE I can't get an answer out of anyone and they never callback after getting disconnected when their service drops your call for no reason. does anyone else regret switch to AT&T?  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

1 year ago

Do you only have 2 lines and the tablet? It's $75 for each line, $65 with the student discount, plus $20 for the tablet, which comes to $150. The s22+ is $27.78 a month, so two comes to about $55. That puts us at $205 before taxes and fees. What else is on the bill? Did you register for the student discount?

https://www.att.com/verification/signaturehub/

7 months ago

I have months of examples as to how horrible AT&T service is - I have been corresponding with AT&T agents on the phone, and on social media for months to fix various issues and they give me different answers depending on the agent I get, and they haven't resolved them. It's awful. My main challenge is that I've been un-enrolled from my employee signature program over 4 times because AT&T can't verify my eligibility -- how do you even set up an offer like that if you're not prepared to vet eligibility the way the company issues documentation? I even went into a store to talk to a manager and provided my employee documentation first hand and then they still un-enrolled me. Then I uploaded it again, got the okay from an online agent that all was in order and guess what -- they still un-enrolled me. How much more messed up can this company get?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 months ago

@2023ReturnCustomer Are you on the Unlimited Premium plan? That's a requirement for eligibility as well.

7 months ago

Yes. 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Here are some keys that I found to help with support at AT&T:

1.  Move to a state where cannabis and other mind numbing drugs are available.

2.  Take a class to learn another foreign language.  Many different Asian languages can help

3.  Be kind to the support person.  They make 16 cents per hour and work 18 hour days.  Note:  Labor laws in America do not apply to them since large companies feel its okay to build their business in America and outsource it to another country.

4.  Research another provider.  You will find they are probably just as painful.

5.  Take a bath after talking to marketing and sales.  It will help you emotionally.

Note:  Blocked goals create anger.  You need to realize that AT&T is not going to jump through hoops to address your problems because they don't see that as a profit center.  Their sales site works great.  Radical acceptance of their stupidity helps.

This message might seem like an off reply, but it is laced with humor and psychology.  The humor to get you to read it and the psychology to show you that you are dealing a neanderthal greedy run company that even counseling probably can't assist with the narcissistic personality disorders who have speckled their upper management.  If you work for AT&T and this message confuses you, you are problem and not the solution.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.