For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
O

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, May 30th, 2020 4:12 AM

Why does ATT lie about fees and rob from your account?

Your loyalty department lied and doubled my bill when I called to reduce it because of covid. I had to cancel my account over it so I wasn’t locked in a 2 year contract paying $235 for just 2 lines. A week later $30 was taken from my positive balance, without any permission, for an upgrade fee I was told multiple times was being waived. I’ve spent over 45 hours on the phone to fix all the issues that were created by your customer service people. Today, after another 3 hours of being bounced around, I finally got my $30 credit....a few hours later it’s removed from my account. This is how Att treats people during Covid? Never had a problem for over 12 years but now I will go out of my way to warn everyone to stay away from any of your services. Keep the $30, I will cost you more in lost customers

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

No carrier was giving free service. Not paying your bill one month, means you owe 2 months bill the 2nd month and 3 the 3rd.
Paying off your phone to move it to prepaid was paying what you owed, and agreed to pay.

AT&T does not do 2 year contracts. You had a 30-month installment to pay the retail value of the phone..
Installments are required for any of the promotions offered.
No one forced you to switch carriers and enter into an agreement for a brand new expensive phones. That was a choice you made.

There is no way that two lines of unlimited data with two brand new phones we're going to be $105 a month even after credits on the phone.
All of the phone promotions require unlimited data plans.

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

I didn’t want unlimited. I didn’t have a contract. All I’m talking about is a activation fee that I wasn’t supposed to get. You people can’t read.

• 

102 Messages

4 years ago

Cancelling your account under contract will never make the charges ‘go away’.

Since you cancelled your account under contract, they’ll still bill you, all at once, or per month.

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

I paid off the new phone to get rid of the 2 year contract then ported over to a pre paid plan. Lost my trade in, lost the $300 discount for the new phone. Had to cough up $1000 for the phone and over $600 for 2 pre paid plans for the year. I had to fork over $1700 out of thin air all while being unemployed and diagnosed with covid just to avoid a $235 a month bill that I was told was only $105

• 

5 Messages

I had auto pay turned off. Was waiting the 6-8 weeks for my positive balance to be refunded back to me when the upgrade fee was taken.

• 

5 Messages

I don’t accept this, I didn’t have a contract. Read the posts (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

You wrote: "I paid off the new phone to get rid of the 2 year contract"
You did not have a two-year contract, you had a 30 month installment agreement.

"then ported over to a pre paid plan. Lost my trade in, lost the $300 discount for the new phone."
The credits for your trade in, which would have been for $10 per month were forfeit because you didn't have an unlimited data plan and you didn't stay on postpaid service.

" Had to cough up $1000 for the phone and over $600 for 2 pre paid plans for the year. I had to fork over $1700 out of thin air all while being unemployed and diagnosed with covid just to avoid a $235 a month bill that I was told was only $105"
Again there is no way that two lines of unlimited data with new phones is $105.
All phone deals require unlimited data and the credits don't start for 3 months. First bills are always high because they include a required activation fee or upgrade fee. They still include installments, and if you did not sign up for auto-pay and paperless billing you are losing out on $10 per line credit.
Hardly a surprise that's your first bill was $235.
If you had understood what you were purchasing and how discounts and credits worked there would have been less surprised and you wouldn't have lost out on trade in credits.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.