Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!
RobBinCT

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Fri, Aug 7, 2015 7:51 PM

Why did AT&T change my billing due date?

I think it's a simple question and only wish to get an answer from AT&T or someone who actually knows the answer.  Don't speculate, don't answer with an educated guess.  I don't mind change if the reason is explained to me but all I received was a vague text message.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @RobBinCT

I'd be happy to help address your concerns regarding the recent payment due date changes. AT&T is standardizing the amount of days between cycle close and the payment due date for customers in all markets. The reason for this is to ensure customers receive the same treatment, regardless of geographical location.

I hope this helps!

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

5 years ago

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
RobBinCT

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

sandblaster, I read that before posting, there is no answer to my question in that document therefore your response was pointless to the point of disrespectful. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

5 years ago

@RobBinCT wrote:

sandblaster, I read that before posting, there is no answer to my question in that document therefore your response was pointless to the point of disrespectful. 

No disrepect intended and had you indicated that you had already read that I would not have posted it. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

5 years ago

And that article explained why the change. AT&T standardized the bill due date to 21 days after the billing period. I don't understand.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
RobBinCT

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Ok, I guess your explanation why is over my head. I guess my question should be amended to ask "Why did AT&T standardized the bill due date to 21 days after the billing period?"  Is my question clearer?

RobBinCT

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

So AT&T discriminated customers based on location prior to this change?

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

5 years ago

Every company has the right to change billing practices. There were several different billing policies. some were less that 21 days after the billing period, some were more than 21 days. AT&T decided to standardize their billing policy to the bill being due 21 days after the end of the billing period. As for why, no one knows except for the person or committee that made the decision to make the change.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
RobBinCT

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

So basically you're telling me that as a long time customer I'm not privy to get the answer to my question?

RobBinCT

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

And I NEVER stated they didn't have the right to do it

kyle.b

Scholar

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

Why is AT&T standardizing bill due dates?

The answer is simple, it is because it is fair. Why this wasn't in place all along beats me.

You can look at it two ways, everyone has 21 days to pay their bill, or you can say everyone has 9 days between when their bill is due and when a late fee is assessed.

Either way, it makes the playing ground equal for everyone.

RobBinCT

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

I've always been auto pay, I don't miss payments. I still don't see how anyone has answered my question to a layman.

kyle.b

Scholar

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

Ahem...because it is fair across the board..it has been said many times

No one gets any more time between when their bill is available to when the due date is than anyone else...its not difficult.

Stop trying to make this some kind of big conspiracy or ulterior motives behind it.

RobBinCT

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

I'm not making this a conspiracy. I'm asking a fair question about what I don't understand. My due date was the same for like 10 years, I don't know anyone else's due date. Why shouldn't I be inquisitive about this? Nothing from AT&T has explained to a layman why this benefits me but I have read how AT&T shareholders benefit greatly from this. Is transparency to much to ask?

RobBinCT

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

And knock it off with the "I'm smarter than all other posters" ahem, if I wanted to be condescended I would have brought my issue directly to my mother