For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 28th, 2020 2:35 PM

Why am I speaking to someone that is contracted out by AT&T when I call the AT&T number provided?

I spent 3 hours yesterday on the phone thinking I was speaking to an individual employed by AT&T when in fact, I had been bounced around between the loyalty dept and cancellations dept, whom is actually contracted OUT by AT&T and he could NOT answer my questions and concerns that I have about my bill and could NOT even give me a number to the corporate office, he absolutely had NO affiliation with AT&T of any kind! They talked me around in circles but I talked back and didn’t give in line they expected me too. So, WHY is that AT&T?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

All carriers outsource some of their call center support, it’s just economics. No one, employee or not, is going to give you a number to corporate. If you want to speak to corporate, file an FCC or BBB complaint and someone from corporate will contact you.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

4 years ago

He was affiliated with AT&T...he works for an AT&T contractor. If you were getting poor service, it was most likely related to that one guy not being good at his job. 

What questions were you asking that he couldn't answer?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.