Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Help for account, billing & more
N

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 6:14 PM

why am I getting this email? I don't have att mobile

Why am I getting email below? I don't have att mobile!

Hi MARY,

We've received your payment.

Service: Wireless
Account number: ending in 1695
Amount: $99.17
Payment date: 01/26/2021
Payment method: Bank Draft
Confirmation: 6VX7EPAYM0F0BK2

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.5K Messages

10 m ago

That probably means the actual account owner has the wrong email address on their account. There is nothing you can do about that. Just trash the email

• 

4 Messages

10 m ago

Thanks for the obvious. I've called att to ask it be removed from that account.....and att has been less than useful. Thought this would embarrass them enough to care. 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10.5K Messages

10 m ago

You can't ask for changes to be made to another person's account. There's nothing AT&T can do. Until/unless "Mary" realizes the error, you'll just have to trash them. If that's really too onerous for you, you can probably set up a rule in your email to send the domain to trash automatically. 

• 

4 Messages

10 m ago

> "There's nothing AT&T can do."

Bull. att can call and verify the information with her. att did email out about verifying email addresses, so hoped 'ok, I won't verify it and it'll stop.' Never saw an email on email verification.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.5K Messages

10 m ago

No, it’s not bull though it’s a little more accurate to say there is nothing ATT will do. Sure, they could track down the actual account owner, they just won’t.

• 

4 Messages

10 m ago

"nothing ATT will do"  Bingo!

att....where customers leave in droves, then att buys a company to get them back

att's responses to me were

- contact my email provider, really?

- contact Mary, yeah sounds legit

att is incompetent to the core

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10.5K Messages

10 m ago

You're right, they don't care that some random person claiming to get emails for someone else.

There is absolutely no benefit for AT&T to try to track down information to see if what you're saying is true. How are they to know you aren't a vindictive ex boyfriend trying to screw up Mary's account? 

Delete the emails when you get them and move on to things that actually matter. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.