Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
mark2015's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Feb 12, 2015 9:55 PM

Who do i contact with problem?

Who do I contact when I have gone thru (3) billing problem escalation people with the last one saying there is no one above me that will give you a differant answer? and my problem is still there?

Responses

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 y ago

What billing problem do you have? If you can give a little information, maybe someone can direct you in the right direction.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hi @mark2015

I’d be happy to help! What is the nature of the billing issue you have encountered? As it has been escalated a number of times, it may be that the answer provided is the only answer we are able to provide, but I’d certainly like to help where I can!

Please let me know how we can help!

Thanks,

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

I believe there is always a way to solve a problem its a matter
of getting the approval from the right person.

The issue is, in December of last year I did an upgrade on my sons phone.
I did not want my bill to got up so the next plan was explained to me
(with my bill going up) or I could go the 2-year upgrade plan with my bill
staying the same.

I emphasized that I do not want my bill to go up,I was assured that will not
happen.

I got my bill this month and realized that a $25 credit on that line was taken
away so now my bill goes up $25/month  $300/yr.

I called in talked to (3) differant problem resolution people who said there
  no way that credit can be put back on or any other monthly credit can be
applied

I would like to know who I can talk to to get resolved

I believe there is always a way to solve any problem its talking to a decision
maker who can make it happen 

[Edited - removed non-working links]

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

6 y ago

um no thats how the new mobile share value plans work you sign a new 2 year contract you lose your discount.  The only way to retain said discount is to pay full retail for the phone or do next plan.

That extra 25 covers the subsity you got on the phone.  There is no such thing as a free cell phone or discount cell phone you pay for it one way or another.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 y ago

I have a similar but different problem. I went to the store and switched two lines over from Verizon, and was told that i would get the 150 dollar credit for each line. Just got one credit but not the other.  Called customer support and was told that i don't qualify for second line credit.  So here is my problem, which is same as yours... Why can and do they allow agents from the store to say whatever they want and make whatever promises they want and then not honor them? They are agents of ATT and therefore right or wrong in what they say, there should be some accountability.  It is like a big scam, tell you whatever they need to say to get you to sign, but then when the bill comes they are like o sorry they were wrong and there is nothing that can be done so to bad. I have been a loyal customer for over 15 years, and this is just one of many things through the years that the ATT stores has done to screw me out of a committment made at store but never honored.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

since no one from at&t got back to me with a name,phone number and e-mail of who I can contact about this I did my own research.

I sent an e-mail to [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

I will post if I get a response (or not) and what the response is

I will give until end of this week (2/16/15) to see If a response comes

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

I was contacted by the office of the president of AT& T, They where very unhelpful and

stated that the $25 credit can not be re applied there are limited options available (1)

there is nothing   they can or will do so it stays the same no credit applied and I keep phone (2) send the phone back ,wait 1-2 weeks for them to receive, process  and credit then go and get 

get a differant upgrade.(who can go 1-2 weeks without a phone?) using the next plan, bill would still go up apprx $25 for repayment on phone 

I explained neither option is acceptble---their response was pick an option if I cant decide call back when i do decide

i wanted either the $25 credit back or $600 one time credit to cover 24 monthes of $25

I was told no in AT&T can approve that? I find that hard to believe

so i am stuck paying the $25 and being a very unsatisfied customer

deenalove08

Guru

• 

901 Messages

6 y ago

Sometimes US customers need to do some research before making a purchase.  With these new shared plans (have been around for almost a year now), when you buy your phone outright or get it with the NEXT program you get a $25 discount on plans 10GB or greater and $15 discount for anything under 10GB.  If you sign up for a 2 year contract you don't get the discount.  The reason for the discount is so if you buy your phone outright or get on the NEXT program, you don't pay twice for you phone.  So since you got the phone on a year contract you don't get the discount.  If you are within the 14 day window you should be able to go back to the store and go from the 2yr contract to the NEXT program or buy it outright.  Either way you are going to be paying for the phone.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

48.3K Messages

6 y ago

@mark2015 wrote:

I was contacted by the office of the president of AT& T, They where very unhelpful and

stated that the $25 credit can not be re applied there are limited options available (1)

there is nothing   they can or will do so it stays the same no credit applied and I keep phone (2) send the phone back ,wait 1-2 weeks for them to receive, process  and credit then go and get 

get a differant upgrade.(who can go 1-2 weeks without a phone?) using the next plan, bill would still go up apprx $25 for repayment on phone 

I explained neither option is acceptble---their response was pick an option if I cant decide call back when i do decide

i wanted either the $25 credit back or $600 one time credit to cover 24 monthes of $25

I was told no in AT&T can approve that? I find that hard to believe

so i am stuck paying the $25 and being a very unsatisfied customer

With the mobile share plan, you basically have the option of getting a discount on your service (the $25 discount that you lost) or a discount on your phone, but you don't get both. When you got the phone for the 2 year contract price, you chose the discounted phone and that is why the $25 service discount was removed, What you are now asking for is basically both, you still want the discounted phone and you also want the discounted service.

They have already offered to take back the phone even though I'm sure you are well passed the normal 2 week return period. Remember, you are not required to buy your phone from AT&T. You can return the 2 year contract phone, get your $25 service discount back and buy your phone from some other source. Hopefully you can understand why no one will approve your request to keep the discounted phone and get your service discount.

Get started...

Ask a new question