Need help understanding your bill?
Bstew24's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 21st, 2018 8:10 PM

Closed

Where to write a review on AT&T

AT&T attempts to win customers with super low and affordable data plan, but no changes to its customer support. Over the course of three days, I spoke with three employees that weren’t knowledgeable about the service, discounts, and products.None could answer my questions or concerns regarding my service.  AT&T fails to equip its employees to provide solutions to daily problem their customers encounter. I will be closing my account with them today. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry, yes you are right. I knew that, must have mistyped!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

AT&T IS BIG BUSINESS AT ITS WORST.  THEY WILL DO EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO IGNORE, DISSUADE, PUT OFF, NEVER COME BACK TO THE PHONE, AND BASICALLY DISRESPECT THEIR CUSTOMERS.  THEY'LL PATRONIZE YOU AND THEN NOT FOLLOW UP...ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE POSSIBILITY THAT THEY MAY BE LOSING SOME OF YOUR MONEY.  MY ELDERLY MOTHER-IN-LAW HAS BEEN TRYING TO GET HELP FOR TWO MONTHS REGARDING CHARGES ON HER BILL AND FIXING HER LANDLINE.  SIX OF US IN THE FAMILY HAVE CALLED THEM.  THEY PRETEND TO HELP, AND THEN THEY DON'T DO WHAT THEY PROMISE.  WE HAVE SPOKEN TO PEOPLE IN JAMAICA, TEXAS, NEW MEXICO, AND CALIFORNIA, AND THEY ALWAYS SEND YOU TO A DIFFERENT NUMBER AND PERSON AND DEPARTMENT WITH THE INTENT THAT YOU WILL JUST GO AWAY AND FORGET ABOUT PURSUING THE ISSUE.  TWICE THE OFFICES CLOSED IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR CALL BECAUSE THEY NEVER CAME BACK TO THE PHONE.  MY MOTHER-IN-LAW EVEN WENT TO THE AT&T STORE TO DIFFERENT TIMES TO GET HELP WITH THIS, AND THEY TREATED HERE THE SAME WAY.  IT APPEARS TO BE THEIR TRAINING AND THEIR TECHNIQUE.  AND IF THEY'RE OUTSOURCING AND PAYING PEOPLE PENNIES, OF COURSE THOSE FOLKS DON'T WANT TO LOSE THEIR JOBS, SO THEY WILL DO NOTHING TO HELP A CUSTOMER TAKE CHARGES OFF A BILL.  SO AFTER ALL THAT MISTREATMENT, SHE DECIDED JUST TO CANCEL LANDLINE SERVICES, CELL PHONE SERVICES AND DIRECT T.V.  THAT HAS BEEN EVEN HARDER TO NAVIGATE AND AFTER THREE WEEKS, WE FINALLY GOT SOMEONE TO HELP US HERE IN THE UNITED STATES.   BUT TRULY IT SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN TWO MONTHS AND SIX PEOPLE CALLING TO GET ANY HELP AT ALL.  DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PREVENT SUFFERING AND DOWNRIGHT INHUMANE TREATMENT!  HONESTLY, WE FELT LIKE WE WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A HORRIBLE MOVIE.  IT HAS TAKEN HOURS UPON HOURS OF SEVERAL PEOPLE'S TIME AND PERSISTENCE.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND SEE IF THERE MIGHT BE A BETTER COMPANY. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Please, for your own good, I will advise anyone considering doing business with At&t to be very careful. My ugly experience as their customer is what I won't wish my worst enemy. This company is not honest in their business approach. They literally recruit agents to go out and entice people with offers that they present to you in a way that it sounds too good, but the agents will not tell you about all the conditions and hidden fees. They do this by sending the agents out to your home or have them call you over the phone to sign you up so that you won't have the opportunity to read about all the conditions of the offer By the time you are already signed up and start having problems with At&t, you find out that its not actually what they made it look like. At&t agents will lie to you to get you signed up, and once you found out that the agent was not honest with you about the offer and you want to speak to the agent she stops taking your calls. The problems with At&t are too numerous; from phoney bills with hidden charges to dishonest and inexperience customer services agents that literally lie to you and give you wrong information to get you to pay the bills and retain their services. Even supervisors were no different; In two occasions, two different supervisors promised to call back and follow-up with me but never did. One of them even entered a different documentation from what I had discussed with her. At&t billing is the worst, I got two bills with the one month, and both of them were filled with hidden charges. It was a world full of stress, pain and disappointment for me calling At&t customer service line all the time and being transferred front and back from one department to another, and after long wait periods, my call will be dropped and I would begin the whole process again. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Warning!!! Stay Away!!

Please read the reviews!!

I should've done it personally and now I switched and I am stuck!!! Their people are not trained properly and have different information. I was promised my discount would apply to my plan and they have lied!! Neither-less to say that instead of even getting a discount I got charged twice for the Unlimited Plan on my 3 lines. My bill is $533 for one month!!  I have used their chat service and have asked for phone numbers / contact numbers per : Angie: I understand you would like to call, however as we are on a chat contact center we are not able to receive or make calls, the only way to contact us is by chat. How stupid is that? I asked for a toll-free number for the discounts program then I asked for management and finally was transferred to a Marli that apparently I guess just use to throw customers into a shi* hole as I've even sent her a message if she is still there after I have not received a reply to my message in more than 10 mins.. Oh but if they say I am looking into your account and ask if you are there and you dont reply they are quick on clicking the end button. 

I should've stayed with T-Mobile as the only reason I changed was to get a better deal with my discount which now I am paying the price. AT&T is a rip-off and overly charge you. In my case I was billed twice for each line as an Unlimited Plan. 

Do not believe what they say!!! They are good liars especially if you Chat with them if you are thinking of buying they say yes we will get you that just place the order and in-store will get you all set-up. Then you go in-store and the employee isn't happy that instead of selling a product they have to help you try to get the ordeal straighten up. Ugh this is a disaster!!! 

I have my chats saved and all they do is write back we are sorry don't know why they wrote that. 

I've also contacted our point of contact for corporate discounts Ashlee who hasn't responded to emails.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The mess AT&T LEFT

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Spoke with att today for the third time in the past week. I had a phone stolen and when I called att on the 22nd to report it stolen and wanting it shut off they told me it was shut off so I made a claim the same day and by that Wednesday their insurance company Asurion got a hold of me and told me the phone was not shut off and the claim had been cancelled because out of their negligence they sent a text message to said phone and the thief messaged back to saying to cancel the claim. Att received a deductible that Asurion told me would not be sent to my bill and att waived a deductible that was never suppose to be there because a representative of theirs never deactivated the phone like he was asked too. Then I had to make a new claim and that deductible was added to my phone bill and att refuses to waive it because they said they already waived one and that was the first one that was never supposed to be there. Then to top it all off I gave every representative I spoke to including the manager of the fraud department my name which is Steven and they kept calling me mam and every time I have ever called there all the representatives do it. My next step is getting a hold of the better business bureau and looking into filling a gender discrimination lawsuit because I started to get offended because they would not stop calling me mam even after telling them I’m a man.   

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

5 years ago

We want to help look into this, Steven. Can you please send us this feedback and any other details, along with your account number and phone number to us in a Direct Message on Facebook or Twitter, so we can take a closer look?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Watch your auto pay every month carefully they steal they've done it twice to me they double-charged and call it a glitch and the bank says it's AT&T AT&T says it's the bank it happens all the time they're trying to steal from your account

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Watch your bank account especially with auto pay specifically with autopay they double-charged and deny it it's happened twice to me and it takes 5 days to clear it the bank says it's totally AT&T and AT&T says it is totally the bank at fault they're lying someone is trying to steal the money and hope you don't notice it's happened twice with them on my auto-pay and it's happened with other companies on auto pay always check your bank statements in detail do not trust them

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

After being with AT&T wireless for several years I finally made a change.  It all started with constant dropped calls and a 10.00 monthly increase in my plan and no one from AT&T could explain why.  I not only called their customer service support line I took my bill and visited one of their outlet stores, one of their AT&T owned store.  After the store employee looked by bill over he stated he would need a manager to try and figure it out.  The manager said she was to busy I would need to make an appointment with her.  I scheduled an appointment with her for the next day and she didn't show up.  The store said she had a meeting to attend.  The story just gets worst from here but the bottom line is I would never use AT&T again for anything.  As a First Responder I would encourage everyone to use a company you can depend on.  By the way I changed wireless companies.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.