Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Mar 21, 2018 8:10 PM

Where to write a review on AT&T

AT&T attempts to win customers with super low and affordable data plan, but no changes to its customer support. Over the course of three days, I spoke with three employees that weren’t knowledgeable about the service, discounts, and products.None could answer my questions or concerns regarding my service.  AT&T fails to equip its employees to provide solutions to daily problem their customers encounter. I will be closing my account with them today. 

Responses

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Well AT&T is a scam why? They offer rollover data but just for 1 month after that they do a refresh on your data and take away any remain rollover so, as well there customer services agent are very bad, so ATT IS A SCAM!

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Rollover data explained in ATT’s FAQ, how can it be a scam. 

https://www.att.com/support/smallbusiness/article/smb-wireless/KM1205715/

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

I recently left AT&T as well. After years upon years of having all of my services with them, I made the decision to get away from them. It all started with trying to switch from their Uverse tv service back to Directv (still AT&T so shouldn't have been a big deal). We had to jump through hoops to get an installation appointment, then THEY cancelled it multiple times without a reason. Called to find out what was going on and they transferred me to (no joke) more than 10 different representatives, many from the same departments. It was like they had me running in circles, until finally, one of them promised a technician would be coming out the following day. They never showed and this was already the third or fourth change to the date scheduled. So at that point, we were tired of the run around and called to cancel our services. The were very understanding of our frustrations at first and cancelled everything, telling us that because of the hassle we had gone through, waiving the early termination fee wouldn't be a problem. He said he notated the account because we would have to call back to handle the termination fee when the final bill was generated and talk to a different department about it. 

Well...here we are two weeks later and the bill is finally generated. So what do I do? I call them like THEIR EMPLOYEE said to do. I got the most horrifyingly rude and condescending rep from Miami, Florida on the phone. I explained to him what I was calling about and we went back and forth for a few minutes with me trying to explain why we were told the fee would be waived and him reading the notes on the account. He was incredibly rude and kept saying I was giving him conflicting information and made me feel like he was calling me a liar. He then said all he could do was put in a claim to review the original call in order to prove what I was telling him. I have never been treated so rudely by any other representative before. I've never like AT&T's customer service as it is unreliable and inconsistent, but this was beyond anything I've experienced before. Needless to say, I'm fighting that bill, all of my services with AT&T are cancelled, including my wireless service. I am now with Sprint and Charter Spectrum. 

• 

1 Message

a month ago

AT&T customer service is the most horrific customer service I have ever experienced. Last month I tried upgrading my phone to a new yellow iPhone XR. The rep rolled us into a 2-year contract with a low payment for the new phone and no change to our monthly bill and promised us our phones would be delivered the next day. A business colleague of mine received her phone the next day but I waited an additional 2-weeks and still no phone. When we called customer service again to check on the order to make sure it was coming, a different sales rep told us that our original rep gave us the wrong quote for our upgrade and we had to pay an additional sum of money upfront with an increase in our monthly bill. After a two-hour phone call our rep instructed me to go to an AT&T store, cancel my order online, and get a different color for the phone in store since the yellow one was on back order, and she promised us our bill would not increase and I could pay the agreed amount for the phone at the lower price made my our original sales rep. About a week later, still no phone in the mail and no update for it being shipped, I went to an AT&T store and canceled my order and was working with an in-store rep alongside a customer service rep on the phone. Just before I started the process of setting up my phone the customer service rep instructed me that I actually can’t get a phone in stores because we rolled into a 2-year contract, and the only way to get my phone was to wait for the online order. The rep also assured me that the cancelation did not go through and The order will be shipped in the next few days. I leave the store with no phone, and the next morning I get an email saying that my order was canceled and the phone is no longer on the way and I need to call customer service again to replace my order.  I was on the phone for three hours with two different reps that were provided no history of my calls and the progress I’ve went through and continually tried to enroll me in a higher-price plan than I already agreed to. After each and every phone call throughout the last month we were told that notes were being put in our file so future reps knew the situation, this was not carried out and only led to further frustration. On top of this, they were no longer able to ship the phone to my home address after the cancellation, but the business’s address for whom I work for which is over a 6 hour drive from where I live. You would think during a global pandemic that they would make this process easier knowing that a majority of workers are working from home during this time. I can only hope this phone shows up in the next three days, but I will need to drive over 12 hours to pick it up and will still need to make further calls to make sure our rates were not increased as was stated by the last rep who said she has no evidence on my file to show our low rates we agreed to pay for. AT&T does not care about customer convenience, and they avoid everything that could’ve been done to assure their reps’ word and agreements for plan making. I have never in my life seen such poor customer service.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

I wish to complain about how at&t has falsely traded my good phone in for the 1 on 1 offer and two billing cycles later over charged me by declining my trade in phone and calling it not acceptable. 

You have traded my almost new Samsung galaxy 10S + and then claimed it to be unacceptable. I need my money refunded

Get started...

Ask a new question