Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Mar 21, 2018 8:10 PM

Where to write a review on AT&T

AT&T attempts to win customers with super low and affordable data plan, but no changes to its customer support. Over the course of three days, I spoke with three employees that weren’t knowledgeable about the service, discounts, and products.None could answer my questions or concerns regarding my service.  AT&T fails to equip its employees to provide solutions to daily problem their customers encounter. I will be closing my account with them today. 

Responses

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

@Bstew24 wrote:

AT&T attempts to win customers with super low and affordable data plan, but no changes to its customer support. Over the course of three days, I spoke with three employees that weren’t knowledgeable about the service, discounts, and products.None could answer my questions or concerns regarding my service.  AT&T fails to equip its employees to provide solutions to daily problem their customers encounter. I will be closing my account with them today. 

There weren't able to answer your questions or they weren't able to give you the answer you wanted? It would be interesting to hear what questions and concerns you had.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

They weren’t able to answer my questions. I asked if I qualified for a discount on my billing statement. I was told by three employees that I qualified. Each told me to bring a different set of verification documents. So my issue wasn’t resolved until March 21,2018. I’d been speaking with representatives since March 18. One told me I qualify for 25% percent off my bill. At the store I found out that the entry level associate discount is 15%. The other lady told me she’d provide with the FAN number and other information via email 10 minutes prior to the end of our conversation. I’m still awaiting that email. The guy is store treated me as if I was a thief attempting to steal fraudulent information. So to answer you question, the information they gave me I liked however it was falsified because your employees lack the correct company information.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

2 years ago

What's even worse unless your military or a vet you won't get a discount of the unlimited data plan.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

@Bstew24 wrote:
They weren’t able to answer my questions. I asked if I qualified for a discount on my billing statement. I was told by three employees that I qualified. Each told me to bring a different set of verification documents. So my issue wasn’t resolved until March 21,2018. I’d been speaking with representatives since March 18. One told me I qualify for 25% percent off my bill. At the store I found out that the entry level associate discount is 15%. The other lady told me she’d provide with the FAN number and other information via email 10 minutes prior to the end of our conversation. I’m still awaiting that email. The guy is store treated me as if I was a thief attempting to steal fraudulent information. So to answer you question, the information they gave me I liked however it was falsified because your employees lack the correct company information.

Those all seem like questions your HR department would be able to answer. 

You can also get more information here: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/iru-check-for-discount.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I do not know if I am in correct place or not, but I need to voice my total disgust, anger, and abuse I just recieved at the Pearl Mississippi ATT by employee "Kay"( her shortened version of her name Khadijah L). I went with my mother ( she's older and has a hard time comprehending things, plus this girl already took advantage of her last time by selling her something she did not want) to try to figure out the phone problem and what the bill was going to be ( nobody gave her anything in writing to state these things)- Well, this Kat person went from nice, helpful sales person ( when she discovered mom had phone for two weeks) to rude, disrespectful, hateful, aggressive WITCH- she proceeded to speak rude towards me stating, " I am speaking to the customer ( my mom who told her that I am her daughter and she has given me all rights to speak and hear for her because she cannot understand or remember well) BUT I am NOT talking to YOU! I told her she is being rude, she started arguing loudly; longer story cut off, my mom kept phone and we left because my blood pressure and heart rate got sky high because of this altercation! I am contacting BBB next, and our attorney because this was unacceptable for her to treat customers this way! We have been with ATT for over 30 years, but I SEE A CHANGE A COMING!!!! If You are thinking about changing to ATT , PLEASE THINK AGAIN!!!  Att is a scam, a rip off, they take advantage of the elderly, they do not care about their customers, and they are the bottom of the barrel... 

• 

5 Messages

AGREED TOTAL SCAM!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My son left the country for four months, and I asked AT&T what we could do to save money (and his number) while he wasn't using the account. They said, no problem, he could pay ten bucks instead of twenty on our family plan. But it was a lie. They didn't tell me that invalidated the installment plan he had on his phone, so in actuality their little savings cost us 5+ bucks a month extra. I called, certain they'd fix that as they have in the past for their mistakes, but I was told no way. That they were sorry that they made a mistake, but they wouldn't fix it. It's the last straw for us with other issues we've overlooked. All seven of us on the family plan are leaving now. If that's the way they run their business, they can do it without us.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Wow AT&T. My family and I have been with your service since you were owned by Alltel. None of your employees know what they are doing. I have been given conflicting information for 7 hours now. All I wanted to do was upgrade our phones with the promotion plan. They will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to buy the phones and then ruin your whole share plan. No such thing as customer service here either. No attempt to make it right or even keep us as customers. We have 4 business that all have cell phone services with you. Today you lost loyal customers.  

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.1K Messages

2 years ago

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

2 years ago

@Jamie.b

Promotions are to bring in new customers or add new services and make a profit off us.  Just upgrading your phones is not going to qualify you.  

All promotions are detailed on the sales pages for phones (ATT.com). 

If you have questions you can ask the forum.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I understand the need to get new customers, but where are the customer
appreciation perks? The only thing this promotion did was prompt me to
switch carriers. Instead of keeping the people who continuously support
you, you throw us away over a stupid phone? That's on top of the mess, lies
& deceit I received just so that I would sign up for this so called
promotion . If the sales people would have just been honest from the
get-go there would not be such a big problem, but now I have wasted an
entire day trying to fix the lies some kid fed me.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Sorry, yes you are right. I knew that, must have mistyped!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

AT&T IS BIG BUSINESS AT ITS WORST.  THEY WILL DO EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO IGNORE, DISSUADE, PUT OFF, NEVER COME BACK TO THE PHONE, AND BASICALLY DISRESPECT THEIR CUSTOMERS.  THEY'LL PATRONIZE YOU AND THEN NOT FOLLOW UP...ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE POSSIBILITY THAT THEY MAY BE LOSING SOME OF YOUR MONEY.  MY ELDERLY MOTHER-IN-LAW HAS BEEN TRYING TO GET HELP FOR TWO MONTHS REGARDING CHARGES ON HER BILL AND FIXING HER LANDLINE.  SIX OF US IN THE FAMILY HAVE CALLED THEM.  THEY PRETEND TO HELP, AND THEN THEY DON'T DO WHAT THEY PROMISE.  WE HAVE SPOKEN TO PEOPLE IN JAMAICA, TEXAS, NEW MEXICO, AND CALIFORNIA, AND THEY ALWAYS SEND YOU TO A DIFFERENT NUMBER AND PERSON AND DEPARTMENT WITH THE INTENT THAT YOU WILL JUST GO AWAY AND FORGET ABOUT PURSUING THE ISSUE.  TWICE THE OFFICES CLOSED IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR CALL BECAUSE THEY NEVER CAME BACK TO THE PHONE.  MY MOTHER-IN-LAW EVEN WENT TO THE AT&T STORE TO DIFFERENT TIMES TO GET HELP WITH THIS, AND THEY TREATED HERE THE SAME WAY.  IT APPEARS TO BE THEIR TRAINING AND THEIR TECHNIQUE.  AND IF THEY'RE OUTSOURCING AND PAYING PEOPLE PENNIES, OF COURSE THOSE FOLKS DON'T WANT TO LOSE THEIR JOBS, SO THEY WILL DO NOTHING TO HELP A CUSTOMER TAKE CHARGES OFF A BILL.  SO AFTER ALL THAT MISTREATMENT, SHE DECIDED JUST TO CANCEL LANDLINE SERVICES, CELL PHONE SERVICES AND DIRECT T.V.  THAT HAS BEEN EVEN HARDER TO NAVIGATE AND AFTER THREE WEEKS, WE FINALLY GOT SOMEONE TO HELP US HERE IN THE UNITED STATES.   BUT TRULY IT SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN TWO MONTHS AND SIX PEOPLE CALLING TO GET ANY HELP AT ALL.  DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PREVENT SUFFERING AND DOWNRIGHT INHUMANE TREATMENT!  HONESTLY, WE FELT LIKE WE WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A HORRIBLE MOVIE.  IT HAS TAKEN HOURS UPON HOURS OF SEVERAL PEOPLE'S TIME AND PERSISTENCE.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND SEE IF THERE MIGHT BE A BETTER COMPANY. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Please, for your own good, I will advise anyone considering doing business with At&t to be very careful. My ugly experience as their customer is what I won't wish my worst enemy. This company is not honest in their business approach. They literally recruit agents to go out and entice people with offers that they present to you in a way that it sounds too good, but the agents will not tell you about all the conditions and hidden fees. They do this by sending the agents out to your home or have them call you over the phone to sign you up so that you won't have the opportunity to read about all the conditions of the offer By the time you are already signed up and start having problems with At&t, you find out that its not actually what they made it look like. At&t agents will lie to you to get you signed up, and once you found out that the agent was not honest with you about the offer and you want to speak to the agent she stops taking your calls. The problems with At&t are too numerous; from phoney bills with hidden charges to dishonest and inexperience customer services agents that literally lie to you and give you wrong information to get you to pay the bills and retain their services. Even supervisors were no different; In two occasions, two different supervisors promised to call back and follow-up with me but never did. One of them even entered a different documentation from what I had discussed with her. At&t billing is the worst, I got two bills with the one month, and both of them were filled with hidden charges. It was a world full of stress, pain and disappointment for me calling At&t customer service line all the time and being transferred front and back from one department to another, and after long wait periods, my call will be dropped and I would begin the whole process again. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Warning!!! Stay Away!!

Please read the reviews!!

I should've done it personally and now I switched and I am stuck!!! Their people are not trained properly and have different information. I was promised my discount would apply to my plan and they have lied!! Neither-less to say that instead of even getting a discount I got charged twice for the Unlimited Plan on my 3 lines. My bill is $533 for one month!!  I have used their chat service and have asked for phone numbers / contact numbers per : Angie: I understand you would like to call, however as we are on a chat contact center we are not able to receive or make calls, the only way to contact us is by chat. How stupid is that? I asked for a toll-free number for the discounts program then I asked for management and finally was transferred to a Marli that apparently I guess just use to throw customers into a shi* hole as I've even sent her a message if she is still there after I have not received a reply to my message in more than 10 mins.. Oh but if they say I am looking into your account and ask if you are there and you dont reply they are quick on clicking the end button. 

I should've stayed with T-Mobile as the only reason I changed was to get a better deal with my discount which now I am paying the price. AT&T is a rip-off and overly charge you. In my case I was billed twice for each line as an Unlimited Plan. 

Do not believe what they say!!! They are good liars especially if you Chat with them if you are thinking of buying they say yes we will get you that just place the order and in-store will get you all set-up. Then you go in-store and the employee isn't happy that instead of selling a product they have to help you try to get the ordeal straighten up. Ugh this is a disaster!!! 

I have my chats saved and all they do is write back we are sorry don't know why they wrote that. 

I've also contacted our point of contact for corporate discounts Ashlee who hasn't responded to emails.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

The mess AT&T LEFT

Get started...

Ask a new question