For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Loyaltofedup's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Friday, April 21st, 2017 6:13 PM

Where Is There Decent Customer Service

I have been a loyal customer of AT&T for nearly 10 years. In January 2017, I decided to bundle my cellular data with DirecTV and U-verse. Since that time I have made 16 phone calls, spoken with 12 different customer service representatives, spent 439 minutes, which equals 7.31 hours of unpaid work time, disputing incorrect claims on my bill. It took four months for me to finally get an answer today (maybe). The problem with the system is that when a customer calls the AT&T 611 phone number, the customer service representative cannot see notes that U-verse or DirecTV have made. I was quoted $150 from a DirecTV representative on January 14th 2017. I looked at my bill one week ago and it was almost $800. So, after nearly eight hours of holding or talking to customer service reps in multiple departments, and having my phone, internet, and cable shut off 3 times due to non-payment of a bill that was incorrect, I MAY have finally gotten a resolution. Who is going to compensate me for the nearly full day of work that I have missed trying to get my AT&T issues resolved? Is there a dispute Department that will compensate me for time lost and anger that I have ensued because of threatening phone calls from AT&T, U-verse, and DirecTV threatening to turn off my service? After all is said and done, my bill is still higher than what I was promised to begin with. I am a single mother of three children and this is unacceptable. Absolutely, unequivocally, unacceptable! If I could, I would speak directly with the CEO of AT&T and ask he or she how it would feel to be unable to reach your children because your phone was disconnected due to incorrect billing. I am one very unsatisfied customer. I have never seen this kind of service from any company ever in my life.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

I'm going to tag advanced mobility support.  They need to know this happens.  🙁

@ATTKevin

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

just received a disconnect notice in the mail. I was finally transferred to manager Mr. Davis in Accounts Receivable. He wanted to know the story (I've told 25 times). I was calm and polite. I started naming off the list of CSR's that have "fixed" my billing issues. He hung up on me. My next step is your corporate headquarters. If that doesn't work, the FCC, BOB and Consumer Afairs will become part of the picture. AT&T bounced my bank account, shut my phone off 3 times, is threatening to disconnect again on the 27th. How am I supposed to contact and be available to my kids with no phone? I'm a single mother of 3. I want the original phone call, quoted by Angel from DirecTV when I bundled, to be listened to and abided by. I cannot take on any more expense. I would not have willing gone into this contract if AT&T was not willing to follow through with it. I was billed for installation, service fees, and promised free unlimited data for cellular. If you need proof of that, listen to the original DirecTV recording. I'm tired. I don't want to deal with this anymore. I cannot handle any more empty financial promises or assurances that the issue is resolved.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Loyaltofedup   

You deserve to get the bill fixed so you are paying the appropriate prices.  Here comes the "but"

But if you are insisting on unlimited cell data is free, that's why you're being ignored.  No one promised you that.  It does not exist, no way, no how.  Cell data is not free.  If you really thought it was, I have cheap beach  property in Palm Springs to sell you too.

If you bundle TV and internet, you are eligible for free unlimited home internet, which is a $30 up charge.  (Not free home internet, just a free upgrade to unlimited home internet). 

To save money, reduce your TV plan to the minimum, buy a Roku and sign up for PS Vue or Sling.  

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Very specific romises were made to me by DirecTV. I take thorough notes. You don't need to believe me. And condescension won't resolve the issue. Thank you for your input.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Loyaltofedup

To put it very bluntly.... No matter what your notes say, no matter what you were told, or think you were told, you will get what is published on the website for prices.  There are no back room deals or special prices on service. Whether you misunderstood, or were lied to, it makes no difference. 

The cell phone plans and prices are published for the public, and those prices are the only agreement that will be honored.  

It is your insistence otherwise that is getting you ignored, hung up on and messages not returned.

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

7 years ago

This whole forum is littered with stories just like you. Some AT&T representative made promises that AT&T won't keep.  AT&T knows about this because there many people like you who want redress.

Many left the store with an agreement that says something else than what they were promised.

It doesn't matter if you took notes, recorded the call, kept the chat transcripts[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

The customer service you remember  no longer exists. You will not find any accountability.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Loyaltofedup wrote:
And condescension won't resolve the issue. 

Nor will rudeness, anger, or anything emotion you muster. 

It is possible, if you are polite, that someone could make some sort of concession as a customer service matter; e.g. issue a one-time bill credit to offset activation fees. Demanding something impossible will never work, but asking nicely might. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

@MicCheck

I was very calm and collected. He asked for my story so I started to explain, also letting him know that all of this is not his fault. I've been around long enough to know that anger or a raised voice gets you nowhere. Not even including the unlimited data debacle, which is not and had not been my main concern, my issue is with the lack of communication between the three corporations. (All AT&T?) Time wasted and money flushed is my issue. It is unethical practice to promise a service at a quoted price then not follow through. Hence, the over 3,000 complaints in consumer affairs alone. Maybe I really should have been rude. I haven't tried getting mad in any of my 18 phone calls. This behavior from them is unacceptable, no matter what the contract states. I wasn't even offered a copy of terms and conditions when I was lured in by false promises on the day of bundling. Ignorance on my part, theft on their part.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.