Need help understanding your bill?
Janethous7326's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 3rd, 2017 2:14 PM

Where do I file a complaint?

My a Account is a mess I've spent three weeks asking for help only to be told in a corporate store on the phone with a department that loyalty has refused to take my call.  That isn't loyal at all.  No one wants to help me.  At this point I want out.  I will port back out and get internet with a company that appreciates there customers.  So I would like the number of your legal team.  I will be disputing charges if they ever reflect to my credit report this CUSTOMER ABUSE!

janet Hous 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

On that ATT Cares link it says they no longer accept private messages so where do we turn now to fix what seems unfixable?

• 

3 Messages

Naturally

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Colleenchance1 wrote:
Ah, what you read was a statement written in such outrage and bewilderment, I'm surprised it was semi coherent and since I wasn't looking for a Nobel, just some answers, I'll take your help with the import it deserves.
I walked into a retail corporate shop, two of them, believing the advertising.
I was not assignment to uncover fraudulent sales practices.
Never have I bought a phone that didn't work, after speaking to more than fourteen
Employees, in person or by phone and not until I was leaving the store
Was the culpability exposed. The solution laid at my feet
for thousands of dollars.
With neither store knowing what deals the other was running, it was like free for all, do it yourself
Att setup.
Okay, I accept that I naively believed the inane spiel, I was snookered,
Taken, bamboozled but still paid for a worthless phone.Tell me why it's up to me to rectify the problem.

Well you must still be hot, because this was only slightly improved.  

If you got a $1200 bill from Verizon, you must have owed them for your previous phone.  That has nothing to do with At&t.  Porting your number out terminates your previous service, and generates a final bill from them for your service and balance on your phone.   That’s your problem, not AT&T’s.  AT&T has no buy out or switch offer.  

No carrier gives away free devices without a service requirement.   24 months at $10 a month.  

You might want to go back and read Verizon Customer agreement, then AT&T’s.  You don’t seem to grasp how the business model works. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have 2 issues (actually more but these are the main ones now) with AT&T, their landline up front charges and U-Verse.

We have u-verse TV and it is out more times than not.  We sit down at the end of the day to relax and watch a movie or a show we have DVR'd and U-verse has gone off line.  This happens more times than not and by the time it is working, it's too late to watch anything or it's even off the next day.  U-Verse is the absolute worse and I hear that AT&T TV is as bad.  We can't have Direct TV, which is what we have had for many years, because of where we live now.  They can't get signals because we are in an apt. and lots of concrete and buildings surround us so no way to get signal here.  We have been very discouraged about being able to get any kind of TV reception here.  We love watching movies at night as my husband is in a trial for metastatic cancer and there isn't much he can do for entertainment  so computer games, reading, watching movies ARE his and our entertainment.  TV issue is worse now that we moved to Houston, TX in 5 days when we got notified he got into a trial.  When you can't get TV or phone service that you can count on, it is more than disappointing.  

Second, we had to get a landline, again due to the fact of where we live.  The entire apt. complex doesn't get cell service because of the concrete floors, walls, etc and the one we live in is in the shape of a U and we are on ground floor in the curve so ours is the absolute worse and AT&T told us they don't provide "boosters" anymore so we are out of luck.  My husband's service is a little better than mine, but still not good.  IF I actually get a call, that means it actually rings, which is rare. I have to RUN to the sliding glass doors pull up the security stick, unlock the door and then get outside on our patio before the call disconnects.  Even if it doesn't disconnect, if I can actually try to say (Edited per community guidelines)o, no one can hear me and the call hangs up.  I have to call them back.  I have to conduct all phone calls outside on a patio, personal and business, and if anyone is outside on their patio, they can hear ALL our business.  They are outside on their patios making their phone calls and I get to listen in on their calls also.  I have had to conduct financial business, personal business, talking to new Dr. offices regarding my health, my husband's health, etc. ALL outside on our patio.  In addition, I have had to conduct my mother's business outside. When we moved, I had to leave her.  She was in independent living when we moved. I have cared for her and my father for last 17 years, my father until he passed away(they lived with us for 10 of those yrs.) and my mother still.  Since we moved, I have had to transfer her to Assisted Living, where she was there only 2 days and then she was entered into Hospice.  We moved in Feb. this year 2020 and Covid hit immediately after so it has been a (Edited per community guidelines) of a start here in TX. My mother can't hear and her hearing aides she has lost and I try to talk to her over the phone and I am to the point of yelling into the phone and trying to get her to understand why I'm not there and coming to see her because she keeps asking can I come over.  This is very difficult to have that kind of a conversation outside on my patio where everyone outside and even inside their apt can hear a lot or all of my conversation with her.

In lieu of the phone issues, we decided to get a landline.  It's rare anyone can get a hold of me until I call them back and I even have had quite a few phone calls that never registered, important calls also.  I can't afford to miss Dr. office calls, my mother's calls or her care givers, any calls related to her care or any issues that require legal decisions as I have POA for her.

I called June 30, 2020 to get a landline.  It was to be activated on July 2, 2020 as we already have the phone jacks so they were to send us the "installation kit".  The activation fee was around $33.00 and the installation fee was $99.00.  I told them I wasn't paying for installation when they didn't even come out for anything.  Whatever installation that needed to be done, we were to do it, so they said they would take the $99 off but the activation fee would stay.  They never "activated" our phone jacks so on July 4th, we called and the lady my husband spoke with said it was their fault and the lines would be activated by 9-10pm tonight, July 4th.  He asked about the "installation kit" we received which was nothing but several pieces of paper that had nothing to do with anything "installation" but was about if you were combining U-verse and wireless.  She said it was on their end to "install" anything on the phone jacks and all they did was to "flip a switch" and they were ripping customers off with a $99 installation fee when you already had phone jacks.  If people don't ask exactly what it involves or refuse to pay it like me, imagine how much AT&T is making off of "flipping a switch" over the years.  It's incomprehensible the things that they do!  I despise AT&T!!!!  

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.