For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
patriciaohara's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 14th, 2017 11:26 PM

Closed

where can I write a review of ATT?

I'm writing this in hopes of dissuading anyone considering a switch from WHATEVER company they are using, to ATT.  We just received our first bill, which generated some questions and the experience led us to believe we made a terrible decision to use ATT.  There was a phone number on the account with a charge of $60.  Didn't recognize the number and called the "800" number....mistake.  Some bimbo got on the phone, giggling at someone in the background and, laughing, asked how she could help me. I read the info off the bill and she asked for a passcode.  When I told her I was looking for it, since my wife opened the account, the Bimbo seemed annoyed. I retrieved it, gave it to her and initially she said, "that's not the right code."  I repeated it, there was silence, and she finally came back on and said, "that is the passcode. How can I help you?"  I asked her what the mysterious phone number was and the charge. She answered, "let me check on that."  That was the last I heard from her for 20 minutes so I hung up.  I then went to the ATT store several miles away and the clerk explained, after looking at my bill, it was the tablet my wife uses.  I then asked about the two activation fees on the bill.  He quickly explained one was for the tablet...$45....and one was for the phone....$25.  $70 no one mentioned.  On the bottom of the service agreement, in VERY fine print, it read, "activation subject to activation fee."  NO mention of the amount. Then the best....I asked about discounts. She said I could be eligible for the military discount, as I am retired.  She said it was 10%....of the $30 basic monthly charge.....$3!!!!  I'm only interested at this point of finding some way out of this but I also want to warn people, as I'm doing with family and friends....there IS NO customer service of a competent nature at ATT.  Please....don't use them.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@iwritetheterms

First of all, do not assume, incorrectly, that I did not read the TOS when I signed up.  I did.  I stood there with the tablet and read the entire thing.  2/20/14, that’s the date I switched.  

I find it amusing you only read the part that give ATT recourse.  

Sec. 1.3

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE

The fact is no “Contract” or agreement is valid without consideration on both sides.  

The above section ATT honored when it let people out of their ATT contracts in 2015 and 2016 when it increased the cost of the plan.  Letting them walk away with phones that had not completed 2 year service Contracts.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Wow the BBB a for profit company that rates other businesses.... What a joke.

As for your FTC comment you realize they are gutting rules for ISP and cell carriers at both the FCC and FTC.  The Trump administration is pro business not pro customer.

Former Moderator

• 

7.6K Messages

6 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject.

The topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed..

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I would also discourage anyone from using AT&T wireless (or DSL\Internet):

- AT&T wireless users have gaps in their calls from our neighborhood

- Sprint and Verizon work great

- Several attempts were made to correct the problem--nothing has worked

- Remote areas of state, AT&T wireless and Hot Spot, frequently not work, Verizon was great

- AT&T Chat is worthless:

* After router "died", was told to be at home on a Saturday from 4-8:00 pm for technician--no one

* Was then told to be home on Sunday at 9:00 am--no one showed up

* AT&T Customer Service, "There was never a ticket created"..basically they lied

- DSL:

* I have been waiting for three years to at least get U-Verse (fiber)

* Ring device usually does not work, Direct TV--internet drops all the time

* Monthly cost doubled--was told by contact in Atlanta "you went over your threshold"

* Loyalty group in San Diego (they are awesome!) said they lied--did not go over threshold

I will spare you all my issues with Direct TV some of which are related to having no internet most of the time.

Jim K.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Must be coming practice with AT& T.
I signed up for DirecTV was told it would be $50 a month. I received my first bill it was a $112. I called DirecTV they referred me to the AT&T store I went to the AT&T store they referred me back to DirecTV. I got the run around until DirecTV employee informed me it was too late to do anything I was already locked in my contract and the package they sold me is not available. I went back to AT&T they were not able to fix it referred me back to DirecTV and the manager I spoke with refused to give me her name and asked me to leave the store. I do not recommend AT&T or DirecTV to anyone! They lie to get you to sign up and then they laugh when you're stuck!

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am disappointed and disgusted by the customer service I got after being with the company over ten years with five phone lines, uverse and internet. Every time I try to upgrade something everything get misrepresented. Everyone I talk to just wants to blame the previous person I talked to. I was told my new service would cost 213 at the att store but when I called ATT customer care they told me 151. I really thought that wasn't correct, so I was going to wait till my bill came. I was told all kinds of fees had been waived because I was such a valued customer. Imagine my surprise when my bill was 311. After 40 minutes on the phone NOTHING was explained satisfactorily ; no resolution. I am a teacher and it took my plan time to try to get this fixed. In the past I have gone through at least three people to finally get an answer. ATT this is no way to do business. I will NEVER recommend your organization and will make sure to share on Facebook with friends my experience. I guess "ATT Thanks"is just empty words. I told them I was told I had thirty day return policy but Customer Care ,oxymoron for sure, said no I only had 14 days. Do you not communicate with your stores.

I just want to cancel all my services and start over; I need a phone company who stands by what they say and appraeciates customer who pay their bills in a timely manner and have done so for many years. I can be reached at [email scrubbed] or [EDITED]

Respectfully

Regina Hasty

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

AT&T customer service is absolutely horrible and their billing is the biggest scam I have encountered. DON'T SWITCH TO AT&T!!!!!! Every bill there are inflated charges they expect you not to check it and most people will get ripped off and just pay it. Say one thing do another. When asked to speak to a supervisor I was told there is an hour wait time!!!! They giver new meaning to customer loyalty and service. Go elsewhere!!! Trust me.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

The worst billing practices and customer service I have ever encountered Go so somewhere else .Do get ripped off.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.