Help for account, billing & more
gusguss's profile

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Jun 23, 2022 11:22 PM

What can you do when store rep lied about phones promotions?

Long story short.

I had T-mobile account with 5 lines and was looking to upgrade 2 phones to Samsung S22 but they didn't have any deals on those. I walked into a ATT store and they did have a good deal just had to trade in a Samsung S phone. Perfect. The other 3 line were for the kids so those would be any phones that were free with signing of contract.  ATT rep said they had these phones for free for the kids. My monthly bill will be a little higher but the kids would all have new phones.  Turns out those phones are not free. They have me paying $15 for 36 months for each phone for the kids at total of $1,620.00 after 36 months. After talking to loyalty/retention department and not being able to do anything because those phone never had that promotion. There telling me to go back to the store which of course says they never had that promotion on those phones. I'm waiting on a call from a district manager. Not going to hold my breath. 

Is there any recourse or way to terminate this contract without having to pay $100s of dollars when you end up in this situation.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2分前

If the store you went to was a Reseller Store, they are independently owned and operated separate from AT&T and are not staffed with AT&T employees, even tho the store looks just like a Corporate Store. AT&T will only honor what is on their website. Any other deal or promotion is what the Reseller offered you to get your business. Find out if the store is a reseller or Corp. You can either go back and ask them or call them. If it is a reseller then you will have to deal with them as they are the ones who you did business with, not AT&T. You can file a complaint with the BBB against that store and see what happens.

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.6K Messages

2分前

You get a charge and a credit each month for 36 months and it starts after the 3rd billing cycle. 

• 

5 Messages

2分前

It's already been 4 months and the loyalty/retention department did call the ATT reseller store and Kristina said she didn't say the phones would be free. Now I have to deal with the store. I'm still waiting on that District manager call.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2分前

If it is a Reseller Store, you will need to deal with the Manager or District Manager of the company that owns the store, not AT&T. I would also definitely file a complaint with the BBB.

• 

5 Messages

2分前

The district chief is who I'm waiting a phone call from.

I tried to get out of the contract with ATT and they pretty much said I'm on my own to work it out with the store.  I have already started that process with the BBB.

Just trying to see what can be done to get out of the contract because of these deceptive practices.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2分前

Good luck getting a call back from the District Chief, who ever/what ever that is. Did you ever find out if it was an Authorized AT&T Reseller or an AT&T Corporate Store that you did business with?

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.6K Messages

2分前

there is no contract you owe for the phones so sell them pay off the phones and your done, never heard of a district chief 

• 

5 Messages

1分前

I meant district manager my bad. I still haven't heard from them. I stopped by the store to leave my info again Monday and confirm a few things.

It is a reseller that look like a actual att store, owned by prime communications so reaching out to them to see if they will correct this lie.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

1分前

Prime communications is the largest authorized retailer of at&t.   It's not an AT&T store. 

• 

5 Messages

1分前

Nothing in the store say prime communication, if it does its hidden somewhere really small. Normal people can't tell that it's not a AT&T corp store because it has AT&T signage everywhere even on the building. Maybe if your in that business you can tell, which doesn't matter now, I'm just waiting on a response from district manager or prime communication before continuing.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.7K Messages

1分前

It may not say “prime communications” on any signage but it should clearly display “authorized retailer” on the ATT signage.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

1分前

@sandblaster  In our area, not all Authorized AT&T Retail Stores who "moved into" Corporate Stores have added the Authorized signage on the outside so it is very misleading. The only way to tell if they are a Reseller is to ask, call, or carefully read any receipts you get because it will be printed, in small print, on the receipt. AT&T really needs to re-evaluate their contracts with some of these Resellers, if possible.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.