Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
ensign_eddie's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 7, 2015 4:18 AM

Watch your bill if you buy an iPhone 6S from Apple!

I have (well...had) a plan with two phones. One was an iPhone 5S and the other was my father's basic cell (that couldn't used data if it tried). I ordered an iPhone 6S Plus from Apple and replaced the 5S on my account. Or at least I thought I did. For some reason AT&T decided that these should be treated as separate so I am now getting charged for two data plans and two phones (instead of one data plan with two phones).

Watch your bills, everyone. There are shenanigans afoot.

Responses

Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

Send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare with your account(s) details and how to contact you. They will get the information to the person that can help you and will get it straightened out.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.9K Messages

5 years ago

@ensign_eddie wrote:

I have (well...had) a plan with two phones. One was an iPhone 5S and the other was my father's basic cell (that couldn't used data if it tried). I ordered an iPhone 6S Plus from Apple and replaced the 5S on my account. Or at least I thought I did. For some reason AT&T decided that these should be treated as separate so I am now getting charged for two data plans and two phones (instead of one data plan with two phones).

Watch your bills, everyone. There are shenanigans afoot.

No "shenanigans" going on. Unfortunately, things like this do happen but not very often. Back in the Family Talk days I added a 5th line to my plan and ended up with a second Family Talk plan with one line instead of a single Family Talk plan with 5 lines. A call to CS straightened it out very quickly.

Did you possibly order the upgrade against the line with the basic cell? If so, that is why a data plan was added but that can be easily fixed, just call CS or send the PM as suggested.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My comment was more of a heads up to others. I am, of course, going to contact them try to correct it. I'll tell my family that if they don't hear from me in a week to send out the search teams. (FYI, like "shenanigans", that was a joke).

As for the phone itself, I bought it outright from Apple. It is not under any contract and is for the correct line (it replaced my 5S).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I bought two Iphone 6s's from AT&T - the Next24 method if I remember what they call it.  One is fine 15GB Family share plan, the second line was on a Canadian Plan?  Now switched to a 450min/3GB plan.  It's been a week and they have been trying to correct it, had great help from one of the reps and it is being worked on. 

The OP is not alone - check your bills.

btw:  When I got the phones on October 1st, it took about 1.5 hours on the phone with a total of 10 people to even get them activated.  I should have known something was going on.

This was a trade up from a TracFone Flip Fone LG402/404 and the second line is new.  They were able to transfer my number and I ordered online.

Also, I have no problem with AT&T - things happen - but this may be something in the automated system in regards to the new phones. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

FIXED - mostly both phones are now on the same 15GB/mo plan now I just need to get my phone on the Next24 (30mo payments) plan - my phone shows 2yr contract and my sons shows the Next24.   This was all selected online properly and somehow it got messed up.

1 Hour on the phone with AT&T today and counting.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Just a follow-up: I was able to get it corrected within hours via PM.

Very impressed.

Get started...

Ask a new question