Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Mon, Feb 17, 2020 8:40 PM

Warranty Phone Credit

I have been waiting since November of 2019 to receive a credit to my account for a phone that was under warranty and mailed back. Initially the phone was deemed not received by then hence the charge to my account. I have provided tracking information and sometimes when I call they say they haven't received it, sometimes they say they can see it is at the Texas Warehouse. Each time they create a case for a credit and tell me it should hit my account in 24-48 hours. This never happens and the charge is for $635.97. They keep filing cases and extensions but no resolve. I have to call in every few weeks to get an extension or they shut the phones off like they did last week. I had to pay my bill a week early in order to get them back on. They have a tracking number to prove I sent the phone back so I don't understand why it is taking so long to get this credit. At this point I have had at least 20 phone conversations averaging an hour or two and I can't even count the number of transfers. WHO do I need to talk to to get help with this??

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.4K Messages

2 months ago

File a Better Business Bureau complaint online and AT&T will have to contact you

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

See warranty rerun info to see if anything here helps: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1044996/

I would got by a local store and have a representative review your account notes to verify what has and hasn’t been done to fix this and offer guidance to avoid it drawing out longer into future billing.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@mobilemax You realize a local store is not going to help this customer right?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…