Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Aug 28, 2017 1:24 PM

Voicemail charge

On my bill I have a $40 voicemail charge.  I believe it is for having the message written out.  I want to remove this feature.  I don't need it and it is too expensive.  Thank you. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

3 years ago

No, you have a $40 line access fee for your phone number which includes provisioning for a phone, data type and FREE visual voicemail.  

All phones have a line fee.  The details are just for provisioning purposes.

See mine....

IMG_5804.JPGIMG_5803.JPG

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.2K Messages

3 years ago

I can't believe this question still comes up. By the way, if your line fee is $40, you are either still on a 2 year contract or you have the unlimited data plan that originally required Directv. If you are still on a contract, it should be ending soon so good news, that $40 fee will drop either $15, $20 or $25 depending on your plan. If you have the unlimited plan with the $40 line fee, you should consider switching to the new unlimited choice plan. Unless you are getting a corporate discount, the current plan will likely cost less.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

3 years ago

@sandblaster   Or they don't understand the "discount for access" because of how it's noted on the bill.   

4 months from now all 2 year phone contracts will be over,  line fees will drop, and we'll see posts because  customers won't know why.   

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question