Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 6:43 AM

Visual voicemail

I’m being charged between $10-$20 a month for visual voicemail but can’t set it up, because my voicemail was deactivated, because I forgot to setup my voicemail I’m told. So how come I’m still being charged for visual voicemail when att deactivated it? Most companies don’t charge for voicemail to begin with is the worst part of all.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.6K Messages

a month ago

No, you are not. Visual voicemail is a free service provided by AT&T. The charge you are seeing is your line access fee which pays for your phone number and unlimited talk and text.

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

a month ago

Hello,

The $20 line access with visual voicemail isn’t a voicemail charge... it’s he cost of your talk, text, data plan and slits “visual voicemail” because it’s included when you’re on a plan with an iPhone. You can dial “1” (hold down for 5 seconds) or go to Settings > Phone > Voicemail if it’s not allowing setup through the typical Phone > Visual Voicemail way.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.6K Messages

a month ago

BTW, if you call AT&T they can reset your VM do you can use it. VVM set up is in the phone app of eligible phones.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…