The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Help for account, billing & more
W

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 6:50 PM

Understanding my first bill.

I was told by the sales rep that my first bill would be a little higher since the system takes a little time to add in the specials and discounts (not sure why but ok). So with discounts my future bill would be about $112 plus taxes and fees. Roughly about $130.

So now my question. Why is my first month’s estimated bill 3 times higher than my expected discounted rate and are the discounts and specials prorated?

I’m sure someone has been through this already. Thanks!

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

324 Messages

2 y ago

Hi. Have you already received your first bill, or just the Customer Service Summary?

(edited)

Constructive

Employee

• 

25.4K Messages

2 y ago

first of all what service are you referring to? you posted in the cellphone forum

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.3K Messages

2 y ago

Pay no attention to the estimated bill in the customer service summary. They are notoriously wrong. Your first bill will be higher but 3 times higher is very unlikely unless you have multiple phone payments that will eventually get credits. Wait for the actual bill, I’m sure it won’t be as bad as the summary shows. The main reason is the summary does not show any discounts. Your autopay and military discount won’t be on the first bill but the line discounts for having 2 lines on that plan will be there. FYI, the military discount is retroactive. When it does finally show up, you should get credits for past bills too.

• 

4 Messages

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.