Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
DWJOnTheRoad's profile

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 10:50 AM

Two Phones on same account and International Plan, and both charged $10 per day for 10 days.

My wife and I are in Europe. Two Phones on same account and International Day Pass and both charged $10 per day for 10 days. I read that the first phone is charged $10 per day for 10 days, and each additional phone is $5 a day for 10 days (the May 14th increase aside).

Have we been charged incorrectly or am I misunderstanding something?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

1 month ago

So in other words you maxed out your charges at $10 per day, then the wife joined you in Europe...

You are now paying $0 because you've already been charged 10 charges.  She's not half price because you're not paying so she's being charged $10 per day.  

It sounds like a workaround so that AT&T maximizes its day pass charges.   If you read what it says below, if you're not being charged $10 (12) per day, then additional lines don't get half price.

The wording ...

Daily fee: The first time you use data, make or receive a call, or send a text message in an IDP Destination, you'll automatically be charged a $10 daily fee. When more than 1 line on your account is charged a daily fee on the same calendar date, 1 line will be charged a $10 daily fee and each additional line will be charged a reduced daily fee of $5. Calendar date is determined by your local U.S. time zone, not the destination you visited. The line charged $10 is not necessarily the line used first on that date. Text messages received are rated as domestic and do not trigger a daily fee. The daily fee covers additional data, calls, and text messages for 24 hours from the initial use in any IDP Destination. You’ll be charged an additional daily fee for all subsequent 24-hour periods in which you use data, make or receive a call, or send a text message in an IDP Destination, unless you remove IDP. Charge cap: You'll be charged a maximum of 10 daily fees per line, per monthly bill cycle. After 10 daily fees on a line, that line may continue to use IDP through the end of the bill cycle at no additional charge.

https://www.att.com/international/day-pass/?source=EC1N250000000000P&tfn=homesolutions&WT.srch=1&wtExtndSource=%2Bat%26t+%2Binternational+%2Bday+%2Bpass&ds_eid=700000001881312&ds_cid=71700000085439208&ds_agid=58700007246258172&ds_kids=p65009738630&gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwupGyBhBBEiwA0UcqaD711PvDbJKXZ_2c5avALj6a-t2wftAP_hLCQ_GzH8dD_MDVLGHzDxoCd-0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

1 month ago

For consumer accounts only, a second phone, on the same postpaid account, used during the same 24-hour window is charged half price.  

Were you charged for the same 10 days?   If both phones are on the same postpaid consumer account you were only in Europe for 10 days and we're charged $20 each day that would indeed be an error.  

Business accounts in FirstNet do not have the same cap.

Are you on a business plan or FirstNet? 

If yes it is not an error 

3 Messages

1 month ago

We have a consumer account, but it is my wife's and my phone are on the same account. I arrived in Europe a couple of weeks before my wife and so started on the International plan before her, but once she was here it was both of us using our respective phones on the same day.

Where would that situation put us regarding the charging?

3 Messages

1 month ago

That does sound as though that is what AT&T are doing. Thank you for digging deeper on this one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.