Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
J

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 23rd, 2021 3:06 PM

Closed

Trade-inn ripoff

I did a trade-in in 2020 September and bought my IPhone 12 via AT&T, trading in my Iphone 8.  Dued to some system issue my new Phone was not added in to the Trade-in program and so I paid full price. Meanwhile I returned my iPHONE 8 to a warehouse that is not meant for Trade-in. Later the device was redirected to the correct warehouse and verified the receipt. However the device never added to the program and I did not get refund for my  old device... I spend almost 20 hours with AT&T Helpline both normal help line and trade-in  Till today I did not get any money. In short I spend or lost $300 (Iphone 8 price), and 20 Hours of talk and bought the Iphone 12 at ATT price... Any one similarly duped by AT&T???

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 years ago

A series of mistakes, does not make it a scam, fraud or rip-off.   And you should have complained here sooner for guidance on how to resolve. 

File a better business complaint online. Someone will call you from at&t upper management will call you in 2 to 5 days. 

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

We also got scammed by this Trade-in. My wife traded in her new iPhone 11 for iPhone 13. ATT says they'll give her $700 for it. ATT received the iPhone and got approved of the said trade-in cost without any issues. But 3 months later, they told her they can only give $350 for the trade-in. And when asked why so, ATT says the iPhone was left with "Find My iPhone" enabled - which was not. So we asked what's the problem with "Find My iPhone" enabled? ATT says it won't be usable. But they can't return it to cancel the trade-in. If it is not usable, then how come they still give her $350 for it? Total scam!

A month later, our family switched to T-mobile. We have no tolerance for scammers.

1 Message

1 month ago

Well at least you got $350.  My iPhone Max was in perfect condition.  I was supposed to receive monthly credits and a decent price in exchange.  I sent the phone in with the box that was given to me.  I got maybe two months of credits and then got a message saying my phone didn’t meet the requirements and they gave me $35.  No explanation.  I’ve been with ATT since Cingular bought Primeco, ATT bought Cingular, back to Cingular, back to ATT- the whole circus, which is probably close to 25 years.  It’s a good way to lose another customer to Verizon.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.