Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
M

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 14, 2021 3:56 PM

Trade-in

I don't really know where to start this so, at the beginning.  I received multiple notices from ATT that I was eligible for an upgrade.  Went through the online trade-in process as instructed.  Mailed my phone off on 11/29 and heard NOTHING from ATT/Newgistics.  After waiting a reasonable amount of time, I called customers service.  After an hour it was determined that I had a balance left on the phone at the time of trade-in and that the window to trade-in pay-off had closed so I was basically screwed out of my iPhoneX - zero trade-in. 

Why was I notified multiple times by ATT saying I was eligible? 

Why wasn't I notified when doing the trade-in there was a balance? 

Seems like a very convenient bait and switch to me...

Responses

• 

2 Messages

11 days ago

I should add, the tracking was picked up on 11/19 - I never received any communication from ATT that the phone had been received so I was concentrating on trying to find the phone.  Seems the "window" to pay the remaining balance closed by the time the phone was found.  Am I responsible for the 45 days it took to get shipped? 

• 

3 Messages

5 days ago

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Here is mine:-

I went to the ATT store at Wasington Square Mall in Tigard, OR. When I signed the contract I was told that my iPhone 7 trade in would let me get a SamsungS20  5G FE for free and I would get entire monthly amount back credited. This is not the case and I have ended up paying dearly for the new device.. Until now, they have not given me the receipt that says the new phone is worth $350 based on the promotion.. they keep beating about the Bush. They told me to go the other store where I had done the trade in, about a week after I got the new phone. In the new store again, the receipt does not show what the promotion was on that day. This is clearly a COVER UP! They lied again and again and again! Also the rep did not let me know that he did not insert the Sim into the phone. ALSO I had no idea that I had signed for insurance and advances support when I had specifically told him not to sign me up for any additional items in the plan.. Both the Manager and the sales rep keep claiming that they communicated everything when that is far from the truth. The manager was not even present the day I got the new phone but kept arguing that sales would have communicated all the essential details! The customer service in this store is pathetic. They made me wait for almost 2 hours to get me the new phone and contract because they were fixing issues in their software/device/ system. When I went back to them to understand why I was being charged unnecessarily, They kept raising their voice and kept telling me not to raise mine. It was an unfortunate experience for me. Nobody should suffer from these guys. I strongly suggest to go to another store since this store for SURE not trustworthy!

Get started...

Ask a new question