Need help understanding your bill?
feelingduped1's profile

3 Messages

Friday, March 1st, 2024 8:14 PM

Trade-In Credit Not Honored

I traded in a 256GB Iphone 11 Pro in perfect condition Dec 2023 for a trade-in + move from Verizon Wireless for a credit of $850.  The promotion was all over TV, came up when I used the online promotion trade-in tool, and also told I qualified (based on condition) by the agent.  I called AT&T today as I noted my bill was only crediting a smaller amount.  I was told my trade-in did not count for the promotion and instead was a lesser amount like $325.  I escalated the issue and no one could help me.  I lost 41 minutes of my day plus the time writing this post.  I am a victim of bait and switch and am looking for assistance before reporting the issue.  Of course, none of the documentation on my order link will pull up as the link has expired.  No one can find this promotion and say it didn't exist.  I have emails from my brother-in-law at Apple saying this was the best promotion at the time.  I asked because he can see Best Buy, Apple, any provider.  I honestly did not want to leave Verizon as I had no contract and a grandfathered unlimited plan.  Add to this the AT&T network coverage is not as good as Verizon. Boy do I feel like an (Edited per community guidelines)!  DO NOT FALL FOR TRADE-IN PROMO WITHOUT GETTING IT IN WRITING!

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

2 months ago

You chose to write on this customer based public forum 🙄 You were not a victim on bait and switch. There are multiple requirements to the promotion. Did you confirm that you met them all? Thousands of people take part in these promotions with no issues. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

2 months ago

Did you meet the other requirements of the promotion? 

1. An unlimited plan which costs at least $75 before discount

2. Sending the phone to the recycler using the trade in kit (not the return label that comes with the phone) within 30 days.

3 Messages

2 months ago

Wow, super nice and helpful 🙄person above (craziness name fully fitting! 🤷‍♀️

I did meet all requirements. Top plan, took phone in person and got receipt, all confirmed with me ahead of time that the model I turned in was the larger rebate.  I’ve escalated this internally with AT&T leadership and plan to file formal complaints without resolve. I was hoping this forum would provide help or suggestions. So thank you MicCheck for your suggestions. 😊Much more helpful than the rudeness above. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

1 month ago

all confirmed with me ahead of time that the model I turned in was the larger rebate

What model?

3 Messages

1 month ago

It was an iPhone 11 Pro 256GB (Dec 2022)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

1 month ago

OK. File a BBB complaint. Those get routed to upper management who should be able figure out what happened and get it corrected.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.