Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Jaggs69's profile

1 Message

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 9:33 PM

Trade In Scam

In Dec of 2023 I updgraded my sons phone from a Galaxy 20FE to the newest 23 model. At the time there was a promotion for trade in, in any condition, for $800. I missed the trade in deadline of 30 days, by 2 days. Customer service advised me they would extend the time and noted the account. Fast foward to April, still have not seen my credit. Very nice customer service lady, Mariana, stated my credit was last month for $11.70 due to cracked screen and phone would not power on. How does an $800 credit regardless of condition get downgraded to $11.70? Seems like a scam to get you to get the new phone and they will charge you full price. My bill for all four phones is over $200 a month, I think they are making plenty of money on my family without having to take the credit too. I will give props to customer service they have tried to be helpful, but it isn't their problems, it is how AT&T conducts business. I sincerely doubt I will get a response here, but I will file a complaint with the BBB and Atty General. Texas has a Deceptive Trade Practices law that our Atty General loves to use against large companies. 

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

2 months ago

You won’t get a response here as this is not a way to reach AT&T. This is a customer asked public forum. One of the requirements of the promotion was you have 30 days to trade in your phone, not 32. The phones do not go to AT&T, they go to a third party. Customer service cannot extend the 30 days. There is nothing deceptive on their end as you were the one who didn’t meet the requirements you agreed to. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

2 months ago

I missed the trade in deadline of 30 days, by 2 days

This is the issue. It's not deceptive at all. It sounds like you were well of the 30 day deadline, but for whatever reason didn't follow the requirement. Any other excuse any one has given you is them trying not to be the one who has to tell you that this is your fault. 

The BBB complaint will get escalated to the Office of the President, and if there's anyone who could offer any relief, that's who it would be. Regardless of that, though, this isn't an issue caused by AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.