Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Dec 22, 2015 6:06 AM

There was a stranger on my balcony... called 911

Bad choice.. i was affraid because a stranger was in my balcony, so a .50 charge for calling 911 is costing me $10.45 extra on my bill, because city taxes, fee, surcharge. .. i don't even want to imagine what my bill will look like if i had to make multiple calls if my life and my kids life was in danger... now am affraid of AT&T hidden fees. Very disappointed. .. never had this problem with tmobile .

Responses

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

5 years ago

There should be no fee to call 911. There is a monthly 911 fee that is required to be collected to fund the 911 system. Regular phone lines pay those fees too.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

5 years ago

If I can call 911 with a cell phone with a sim, but no service, why would it cost $10 and change?

It seems you left something out........

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

5 years ago

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

5 years ago

If your county passes on a fee for 911, it is not ATTs idea or their fee.

The fee would be passed on through which ever service you used to call 911. 

Personally, I don't think $10 or $100 is too much to pay for peace of mind.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question