For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Dog1974's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 2:19 PM

The $1567.00

We have been AT&T customers since April 2016. We were told before we switched from Verizon that the transfer fees and costs to Verizon would be paid up to $600 a line. We have 5 lines. Verizon has not been paid, and they have turned the bill over to collections. My husband has called and been to the local AT&T store several times about the matter which was supposed to have been handled months ago. We keep getting told 8 weeks, then 4-8 weeks. Now, AT&T does not want to pay the entire bill for switching and is wanting us to come out of our pockets AGAIN for over $500, and it will be another 2 weeks! I will state plainly that in my occupation as a nurse practitioner and my husband being a fireman we will not be good PR representatives for your company if this is not taken care of in full. I will make it a point to go Nationally with this matter. We would have NEVER switched if we would have been aware this was going to handle. Also, we were supposed to get a bundle discount too which has not been taken care of either, but we were told they would do all of that. To say that we are being stolen from is an understatement! I am extremely dissatisfied with the service on my phone as well. I could Always get service at my job with Verizon; however, now I will only sometimes get calls on my phone and can not send text messages most of the time. I would appreciate your help in this matter.
Kristi

[Personal information removed]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Same happened to us ! Be being in law enforcement and my husband being a train engineer , we also will not be speaking highly of at&t ! Have been waiting on rebates since May 28 2016 and still nothing ! Says it was mailed on Sept 7 2016 still nothing! Ripped us off by 1058.00 ! We were lied too and scammed by at&t and the only thing they can say is it's in you service agreement!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

The arrangement says they pay the early termination fees or they reimburse you?

The sales people might say AT&T pays your ETF, but what does that mean?

If a friend says "I'll pay for pizza if you get it on the way over, they don't mean they're going to pre-pay for the pizza, they mean they'll pay me back later" 

It seems like it's they'd reimburse you as there isn't much of a mechanism for third-party payers to pay for an account. They'd need all sorts of info, plus they're not paying the monthly bills, they're just paying the early termination fees.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

This is the switch offer in print.  It is the exact same switch offer that Verizon has.  

Also the exact same offer T-mobile has, and Sprint too.  

It is strictly a reimbursement for the remaining cost of your phones.  Part is received as a trade in credit, the rest after you submit your final bill.  No carrier pays off your bills.  They reimburse you.

Because the reimbursement can take 2 months, you should pay your old carrier on time.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

2 Attachments

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I have paid my bills with Verizon. This was the switch over fees. I paid all my usage fees.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

We switched in April. We have paid all our usage bills. My terminology should read reimbursement; however it has been 5 months. We have been haggling about this "reimbursement" since April.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

- Please type your reply above this line -##

Sent from my iPhone
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.