Need help understanding your bill?
Grandpawoj66's profile

2 Messages

Thursday, February 29th, 2024 10:19 PM

Terrible customer service

I have been a loyal legecy account holder for years but im finally done. Im tired of calling customer service and being shipped overseas and talking with someone i cannot understand who reads off a script.  Nice way to treat customers!  Is there someone in the United states i can tslk with to cancel my service?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

2 months ago

Ahh yes, if you want to keep your number you port it out instead of calling AT&T as doing so results in canceling the line once complete. Be aware of your service cycle as they do not prorate and a port could take a few days, which if near the end of your cycle means another cycle could start and be billable.

Sorry for not including that clarification.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

2 months ago

When you call AT&T and get their voice prompt say "cancel". You just get the next available rep, but that is the only way you may cancel your service.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

2 months ago

Unless you want to change your phone number, you shouldn't call AT&T to cancel. You should find a new provider and port your phone number to that service. That automatically cancels the line with AT&T. You will have to call to cancel any tablet or watch lines.

If you think using overseas call center is unique to AT&T, though, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 months ago

Sure come on over to Verizon. Where we get the exact same non-USA call centers as you do with AT&T and T-Mobile 😑

If you want to keep your phone number, you don't call to cancel. You acquire your account number and your port pin and you transfer your phone number to another service provider. Transferring your phone number automatically cancels service.

As far as I know the only US service provider that has in USA customer support is consumer Cellular which operates on AT&T as an MVNO.

Just be aware that not every US citizen spoke English as their original language. This is the melting pot

2 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for the responses.  I just got a hard dose of reality when i called to payoff my phones.  Got it done though but it was painful!  On to the next carrier😊

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.